Mayo waiting in Japan

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Mayo waiting in Japan

Postby MBRRadio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Nick Mayo went to Japan to play pro basketball. Now he's stuck there, waiting, not playing: https://t.co/GE61KKaZsb

“It’s been pretty crazy. I’ve never had a break from games like this in a season before. When I’m not doing that I’m playing video games with my boys back in the states and I usually only leave the house when I need groceries,” Mayo said.

Here in Maine, Jenn and Scott Mayo, Nick’s parents, check in with their son often. They use the Facetime app to check in with each other each morning and evening, Jenn Mayo said.

“Scott and I are worried about him, but not frantic,” Jenn Mayo said. “Japan is probably one of the safest countries anyone could be in right now. They have been very cautious and respectful with this coronavirus. I think his biggest issue right now is that he is bored.”

Mayo said that grocery stores in Japan are full of empty shelves and shortages early in the crisis.

“As of last week it has been pretty normal at grocery stores and people are back to their everyday life,” Mayo said.

For now, Mayo is in a holding pattern, unsure if the league will be able to stick with the plan to resume games in early April.
Twitter.com/MBRRadio
MBRRadio

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur