AA Predictions

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

AA Predictions

Postby MJ123 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 am

North/South AA predictions. South wide open. Let’s hear some rankings, and what to watch for.
MJ123

Re: AA Predictions

Postby ExpoEddie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:46 pm

Deering wins most games regular season and loses in the semi's. EL ranked second and plays in regional final. Oxford Hills shakes their CC collapses and reaches semi's, losing to EL. Coach Russo takes Bulldog Nation to quarters and upsets Bangor. Then plays Deering in semi's and wins. Coach Adams takes the Dogs by 15 to represent the North.

BE will be the team to watch and enjoy from the South. However, I believe in tested coaches and like Gorham and SP regional final. SP ekes out win by 5. This is the year of the Riots. Down EL by 7 to take AA state championship.
ExpoEddie

Postby hawkeye » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 pm

1. Edward Little

2. Deering

3. Bangor

4. Portland

5. Cheverus

6. Windham

7. Oxford Hills

8. Lewiston

Edward Little and Deering are the clear two frontrunners in AA North. Edward Little essentially returns their whole team other than Wol, and they are all experienced, skilled and capable of scoring, however I don't think they will be able to get by Deering due to the firepower at the guard position. With the newly transferring Askar Houssein, who is the best passer in state, Deering is poised to make a push for a gold ball. Germain and Max Morrione are both great players who will compliment Askar well, and I dont know much about Deering's frontcourt, but I assume they're tall and athletic. Deering also brought back Coach Legage as an assistant this year, and he has led them to glory before, so expect a big year out of the Rams. The only concern I have with Deering is that Askar's Waynflete teams have taken suspect losses in the tournament to teams like Boothbay and Hall-Dale, two teams who would be bottom feeders in class AA. If Houssein can figure out his tournament woes, Deering will be playing for a gold ball.

CLASS AA SOUTH

1. Bonny Eagle

2. Gorham

3. TA

4. SP

5. Sanford

6. Scarborough

7. Massabesic

8. Noble

Should be a competitive year in AA south. Bonny Eagle returns a hungry Zach Maturo, Jacob Humphrey and company who want vengeance for their gold ball loss last year. Gorham returns a strong core in Strout, Bretton and Nadeau. TA should be good assuming they still have Peyton Jones, who has had transfer rumors previously. I would really like to see a big year from Leyton Bickford, as I believe he needs to prove that he is worthy of the scholarship that UMaine offered him by DOMINATING this year. If Bickford is really a D1 player, he should be leading his team to at least the #3 seed in AA South. I believe Bonny Eagle makes it out of AA South and will be meeting Deering in the title game.

Deering over BE for the 2019-2020 Class AA Championship
hawkeye

Postby jpeters4 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:05 pm

TA in the South. Peyton Jones is not transferring and Griffin is the best low post player in AA. Also, TA beat BE by 10 in the regular season last year and TA has four starters back. Deering in the North. State champs Deering.
jpeters4

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur