Peter Webb news

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Peter Webb news

Postby MattyB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:26 am

Over the weekend, Peter Webb had a brain aneurysm. According to hospital personnel at Maine Medical in Portland he is currently in fair condition.

https://twitter.com/MEBBallRankings/sta ... 9934481411
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Re: Peter Webb news

Postby frankj » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:10 am

BDN article today gave some updates on Peter's condition and his fight to live. I will try to link it.
frankj

Postby frankj » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:13 am

frankj

Postby frankj » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 am

I am praying for Peter and his family. He is a legend in Maine basketball and baseball circles. I always appreciated his attention to details and his promotion of rules knowledge. I learned much from Peter and even had the opportunities of having him ref my games and later to work games with him. He has forgotten more than I will ever know; may he be able to enjoy a few more years with his family and friends.

Coach J
frankj

Postby MattyB » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:37 am

A longtime officiating colleague, Barry Fuller of Bowdoinham, said Webb, 82, was flown Saturday from Bangor to Portland for intensive care.

A notice on the Eastern Maine Board of Approved Basketball Officials said Webb is not currently receiving visitors at the hospital “but if you could keep him in your thoughts and prayers we’re sure it would be much appreciated by both (him) and his family.”

A spokesperson for Maine Medical Center said she had no information to release concerning Webb or his condition.

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/07/11/ ... -aneurysm/
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur