Coaching Openings?

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Coaching Openings?

Postby fanfanfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Graff is the worst thing that ever happened to OH. He gets the least out of the most talent. He’s a terrible coach. OH will never win a Gold ball with him coaching.
fanfanfan

Postby MJ123 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:15 pm

What are you saying? The North was always loaded with talent. The South is going too be better this year. He's always had teams that should only win 8 games, and win 12 instead. Always gets the most out of his own players. Great defensive minded coach.
MJ123

Postby Archer Bunker » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:15 pm

fanfanfan wrote:Graff is the worst thing that ever happened to OH. He gets the least out of the most talent. He’s a terrible coach. OH will never win a Gold ball with him coaching.

That comment right there sounds like a dis-grunted parent whose son did not get enough playing time. Anyone with even a little basketball knowledge knows the Coach Graffam is an excellent basketball coach.
Archer Bunker

Postby fanfanfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:57 pm

No, not a disgruntled parent. I’ve watched him lose for years with exceptional talent. If you’ve ever been to game and watched him coach he acts like a little kid throwing temper tantrums. And above all he gives up on his players. If you know any? Ask them. Why did he have so many kids transfer in the past six years?
fanfanfan

Postby MBRRadio » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 pm

fanfanfan wrote:No, not a disgruntled parent. I’ve watched him lose for years with exceptional talent. If you’ve ever been to game and watched him coach he acts like a little kid throwing temper tantrums. And above all he gives up on his players. If you know any? Ask them. Why did he have so many kids transfer in the past six years?

Other than Matt Fleming (who left due to a parent getting a job in Bangor) and Ty Ripley (who went to the Massabesic Blue Chips after a successful summer ball season) who else transferred?

I am not being sarcastic, just trying to see if I forgot anyone.

At the end of the day there are going to be parents and players who don't like a certain coach and vice versa. At this point we're lucky schools even have people wanting to coach.
Twitter.com/MBRRadio
MBRRadio

Postby fanfanfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:21 pm

Richardson kid to TA
fanfanfan

Postby MBRRadio » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 am

fanfanfan wrote:Richardson kid to TA

Seems like there would be more if others felt same...but I can’t speak for others.
Twitter.com/MBRRadio
MBRRadio

Postby ExpoEddie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:35 am

Ouch. While not a long time viewer of OH's basketball, my observations show a program that roles are defined. The systems/schemes are ingrained in the players. The players are very good sportsmen. They play very, very hard. Coach advocates for his players. Excellent eye contact when player is going off or on the court with Coach. Assistants reinforce everything about the program.

He has Joe Russo's respect. They are having big time trouble scoring at Civic Center floors in the tourney.
ExpoEddie

Postby MJ123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am

They do always play hard. Assistants are top notch. High class coaching staff. Everyone enjoys facing Graff every year. Always gets them too play hard. Major scoring issues is right tourney time. Wonder how they will be this year. I don’t think very good, but I think them and Portland will battle out for middle of pack of the North.
MJ123

Postby jpeters4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:22 pm

fanfanfan wrote:Richardson kid to TA

There are two players named Nathan Richardson. One is a Sophomore from Falmouth, the other is a Senior from Bangor. Which one is TA getting?
jpeters4

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur