New Mountain Valley hoops coaches have long history together

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

New Mountain Valley hoops coaches have long history together

Postby MattyB » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:27 am

New Mountain Valley hoops coaches have long history together: https://t.co/cVtkxcdh7b
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Re: New Mountain Valley hoops coaches have long history toge

Postby Class C Dad » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 pm

I have watched Mountain Valley play 6 or 7 games this summer. I think they are going to a tough out in Class B South. This could be the year that an MVC team makes a run in the B South Tournament and challenge Cape, Greely and others. The Davis kid has really improved after playing spring ball with the Renegades and was the MVP of the Cony Summer League which had 20 plus varsity teams. They have size, speed. depth and length. The one weakness may be outside shooting beyond Davis.
Class C Dad

Postby lovethegame » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:56 pm

I've seen them play a couple times too Class C Dad. I've noticed that when they're on, they can pile on the points like nobody's business. When they're off though, they seem to be ice cold. Defense is also a little rough for them. If they pick up their defensive intensity and don't just put all of their emphasis on the offensive end, then they could most certainly be a top team in B South. They will definitely be battle tested playing in a top-heavy MVC conference this year with the likes of HD, Winthrop, Spruce Mtn, and Boothbay. Plus, an always tough Dirigo and a much improved Monmouth should make for some good games. Also, you never know what Lisbon and Madison will bring to their games. Mtn Valley should have one of the best years that they've had in a long time. Will definitely want to catch some of their games during the season.
lovethegame

Postby Class C Dad » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Top 4 in the MVC will be tough, HD, Winthrop, Spruce and Mt Valley. All four teams squared off this summer in some very competitive games. On any given night, anyone of these teams can knock of one of the others. I think Monmouth will be the best team with Boothbay in the next tier. Dirigo is going to be lucky to compete in the middle of the pack. Just not that much talent and New coach.
Class C Dad

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur