All Time Waterville

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: All Time Waterville

Postby hoops24 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Cim I did not see the final it was won by St Mary's of Worcsester Mass
hoops24

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:07 pm

hoops24 wrote:Cim I did not see the final it was won by St Mary's of Worcsester Mass

"HOOPS24": Thanks for the score. I believe that was the last year the 5 state New Englands were held in the Old Boston Garden as the 2 Massachusetts joined the 2 Connecticut teams and pulled out of the tourney leaving just Vt, Me, NH and RI and then they held a 4 state tournament at college sites for several years.
bcbc55

Postby Speed » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:30 pm

RIP....to old family friend, Johnny " Swisher" Mitchell.......you and Teddy Shiro did what no other Mainers ever did, win a 6 state New England basketball championship....you were a legend with my grandfather and uncles growing up in Waterville...and loyal Colby man by Whit's side through many wars ....
Speed

Postby Coach H » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:00 pm

That is so true Speed. A loyal Colby man to the end and a loyal friend to all Colby basketball alums, whether an All-American or a "bench player" like me. He is absolutely beloved by all Colby basketball alums. That is not hyperbole.

Aware of his ailing health, I was fortunate enough to visit with him exactly one week ago. I am so grateful I did. (That is how he was -you always left after spending time with him feeling that it did more for you than for him-that's how he made everyone feel). He still had his trademark smile/grin and moments of quick wit. We exchanged handshakes and then hugs and expressed our love, each realizing that there was something different about our goodbyes this time.... Swisher, you will be missed.
Coach H

Postby Speed » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:46 pm

The above is beautiful and heartfelt ....and it gets to the essence of SWISHER...for all who knew him SWISHER will always live....in hearts and memories....lives like his make LIFE ever LORD OF DEATH...
Speed

Postby zingervid » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:06 pm

Munzing Media had the honor of live-streaming the Swisher Celebration of Life. Go to 1hr 17 min to hear the speakers share remembrances of this wonderful person.
https://www.facebook.com/ColbyMules/vid ... 80624/?t=0
Rob Munzing
Munzing Media
zingervid

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur