Bsketball is becoming more & more of a position less game!

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Bsketball is becoming more & more of a position less game!

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:12 pm

If interested just go to my Bangor Daily News BLOG @ offtherim.bangordailynews.com
bcbc55

Re: Bsketball is becoming more & more of a position less gam

Postby lovethegame » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Articles are starting to get repetitive. Also, sorry Coach Cim, but you really do need to have someone start to proofread your articles for you. If there is someone who is supposed to be doing it at the paper, then they need to have a pay cut as they are not doing a very good job.
lovethegame

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:18 pm

lovethegame wrote:Articles are starting to get repetitive. Also, sorry Coach Cim, but you really do need to have someone start to proofread your articles for you. If there is someone who is supposed to be doing it at the paper, then they need to have a pay cut as they are not doing a very good job.

"lovethegame": Nobody to blame for the poor proof reading but me. I did proof read this article 3 times.

Remember I am an old phys. ed. man not a English major.

What specific areas are you referring to? Spelling ( I didn't see any red underlined words), content or repetitiveness?

I'm coachable if I know what to improve on.

All of my BLOGS are self proof read for BDN BLOGS just like anything posted on MBR. The weekly basketball column "off the rim" from mid-November to first of April in the paper are proof read by the BDN.
bcbc55

Postby lovethegame » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm

A lot of the stuff you mentioned in this article, beyond the position less players stuff, and Magic Johnson and Larry Bird comparisons, has been mentioned a few other times in several of your other articles.

You have several run-on sentences that last for many lines. Periods and commas can do wonders for sentence structure. Also, you will say the same thing twice in a row some times. Auto-correct doesn't always catch that stuff and it makes it tough to read when you have to try and figure out what the writer was trying to say.

For me, as the reader, I find run-on sentences very hard to read, especially when there are three or more sentences jammed together.

To each their own I guess. The information is always good Coach Cim, I guess I'm just picky when it comes to repetitive story telling and the same information again and again. Personally, I'm the type of reader who likes to read new information more often than not and doesn't have to tread over the same material all the time. Good stuff though.
lovethegame

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:25 pm

lovethegame wrote:A lot of the stuff you mentioned in this article, beyond the position less players stuff, and Magic Johnson and Larry Bird comparisons, has been mentioned a few other times in several of your other articles.

You have several run-on sentences that last for many lines. Periods and commas can do wonders for sentence structure. Also, you will say the same thing twice in a row some times. Auto-correct doesn't always catch that stuff and it makes it tough to read when you have to try and figure out what the writer was trying to say.

For me, as the reader, I find run-on sentences very hard to read, especially when there are three or more sentences jammed together.

To each their own I guess. The information is always good Coach Cim, I guess I'm just picky when it comes to repetitive story telling and the same information again and again. Personally, I'm the type of reader who likes to read new information more often than not and doesn't have to tread over the same material all the time. Good stuff though.

"lovethegame": Thanks for the information and positive help. Will try to shorten the sentences, use more periods and commas, not be as repetitive, etc.

Glad that you think that the new informational material is good stuff though. Just trying to give back to the game that has given me so much.

The offense that I mentioned about combining the two position less offenses (free lance and 2-2-1 continuity) can be very effective.

Thanks again for your interest.
bcbc55

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur