Harbor Shootout...March 16-18

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Harbor Shootout...March 16-18

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 am

Great Harbor Shootout set March 16-18

BAR HARBOR — This year’s edition of the Great Harbor Shootout has been scheduled for March 16-18 at various places throughout Hancock County.

The Great Harbor Shootout brings junior and high school players throughout the state in a three-day tournament that usually draws more than 80 teams. Four divisions of play are offered for both boys’ and girls’ participants.

https://www.mdislander.com/sports/great ... ootout-set
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

HARBOR HOUSE

Postby shirefire2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:37 pm

I will be there all weekend
shirefire2

Re: Harbor Shootout...March 16-18

Postby Hozball22 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Two solid brackets of Boys team's, should be a great weekend of games.
Hozball22

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:08 am

2018 Harbor House Champions : Hermon

Team pic: https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B466ECB
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Any bracket scores for boys high school games?

Did Bangor enter a boys high school team? If so who coached them.

Harbor House Tournament is to basketball today what the old Bangor YMCA Undergrad Schoolboy Tourney was to the 50's to the mid 70's only they had a lot of BDN box scores coverage and they played during weekends single elimination for 4 weekends on Fridays and Saturdays early March to early April. Boys only back then and two classes for high schoolers A-B and C-D and a class for middle schoolers.

Back then there was no mpa sport season policy so the regular high school coaches could coach their teams and of course there was no AAU or travel basketball then either.

It would be great if Harbor House Tourney Personell could get all the brackets and scores to a print media and let basketball fans know where they could find it.

Just a thought!
bcbc55

Postby maineuncfan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:27 pm

[quote="bcbc55"]Any bracket scores for boys high school games?

Coach - Bangor did enter a boys team, coached by former player Tristan Thomas and were without Fleming (playing AAU) and Misbrenner. They won their first two games, then lost to MDI Saturday afternoon (who played Hermon in Champ. game) but I'm not sure how they did after the MDI game.

The Shootout does have a Facebook page, that contained some updates, and WDEA carried the championship games on Sunday. Hoping the FB page will have the brackets posted soon.
maineuncfan

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:47 pm

maineuncfan wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:Any bracket scores for boys high school games?

Coach - Bangor did enter a boys team, coached by former player Tristan Thomas and were without Fleming (playing AAU) and Misbrenner. They won their first two games, then lost to MDI Saturday afternoon (who played Hermon in Champ. game) but I'm not sure how they did after the MDI game.

The Shootout does have a Facebook page, that contained some updates, and WDEA carried the championship games on Sunday. Hoping the FB page will have the brackets posted soon.

"maineuncfan: Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to answer my questions. It's very much appreciated and also thanks for the tip about the Facebook page, I will try it.

Thanks again.

Tried the Facebook page and it was very interesting, Hope the brackets will be clearer if and when they post them then what I could find.

4 divisions: Wow 84 teams, how many teams in each division Middle School boys and girls and high school boys and girls.

Again thanks for the help. On a scale of one to 10 with 10 being the highest you deserve to be a NINE......................TEEN.
bcbc55

Postby Jumpitup » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:51 am

I was present for most of the games on the High School North bracket:

MDI: 5-2, wins Belfast, Houlton twice, Bangor, MA; losses Houlton and Hermon - winner of North bracket
Houlton: 6-2, wins Old Town, Dexter, Lincoln Academy, Bangor, MA, MDI; losses MDI twice
MA: 3-2, wins Deer Isle, Winslow, Lincoln Academy; losses MDI, Houlton
Bangor: 3-2, wins Erskine Academy twice, Dexter; losses MDI, Houlton
Lincoln Academy: 2-2, wins Old Town, WA; losses MA, Houlton
Erskine: 3-2,wins Narraguagus, Winslow, Belfast; losses Bangor twice
Belfast: 1-2
Dexter: 2-2
Old Town: 1-2
Medomak JV: 0-2
WA: 0-2
Deer Isle: 0-2
Winslow: 0-2

Some really good basketball. MDI a much deserved winner out of this side of the bracket. Houlton, MA, and Bangor represented themselves very well.

Hozball, got a rundown of the South bracket? Would love to hear how the teams on that side of the bracket did.
Jumpitup

Postby Hozball22 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:32 am

High School South Boys Division

Hermon 6-0
Orono 4-2
Ellsworth 4-2
MCI 3-2
MDI JV 2-1
Camden 1-2
Medomak Vars. 1-2
Oceanside 1-2
GSA 0-2
Lawrence 0-2
Jonesport 0-2
I will post some scores later on.

Was some good games for certain, and I always enjoy watching young players filling roles voided by the seniors. Obviously large holes on some teams, but some nice young players coming that just need court time to gain confidence, as well as adapt to the speed and physical part of the game. Great Weekend, will definitely be something I will miss as a parent.
Hozball22

Postby maineuncfan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9dLIaxeIdU&sns=em

YOUTUBE.COM
Harbor House Basketball Tournament Final
Hermon vs MDI

Just sharing the link, video is from Richard Cox
maineuncfan

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur