SMAA All Star Game

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: SMAA All Star Game

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:16 am

Kevin Millington
@coachmilli11
The SMAA Senior All Star Games scheduled for tonight have been cancelled. There is no make-up date. E
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby calculator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 am

Nice effort
calculator

Postby ExpoEddie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:15 pm

This is sad. Great opportunity to see kids showcase their games with dunks, spins, etc. without officials taking it away. Hopefully something beyond players and coaches control as getting them a gym to play should be all it takes. Have to believe the seniors wanted to play this last game.
ExpoEddie

Postby calculator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Who is responsible for organizing this game? Someone has to be accountable.
Is this laziness or what? We need to put some heat on these people to make this game happen.

To me this game is more about the seniors who never made all SMAA first team but worked hard for 4 years playing
high school BB and got recognized by making the team but now cant play because someone responsible for this does not want to make the effort .

Very disappointed about this.
calculator

Postby Steaglesfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 pm

I am responsible for this. I am very disappointed as well. It certainly wasn't out of laziness.

Gyms were one issue but not the biggest. We lost the ones we had because of the storm but probably could have secured one somewhere else. No schools were going to host next week because of pitchers and catchers starting.

The bigger issue was making sure a majority of the kids could play. The answer to that was no. This week we have a lot of banquets tonight and tomorrow that would have prevented several of them from being able to play. We just couldn't find a day where we could get at least 2/3 of the players there.

I will accept any and all criticism but it was not out of laziness. I've helped organize this game and our league banquet for 20 years and this is the first time we had to cancel. It breaks my heart that we had to.

Coach Millington
Steaglesfan

Postby HoopHopeful » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Sounds like laziness to me... lol Calc you sure have a way with offending people..
HoopHopeful

Postby HoopHopeful » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Calc: If it's any consolation you can watch the WMC all star game; it's going on tonight :lol: :lol:
HoopHopeful

Postby calculator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm

Thanks for the response...what about the weekend? Figured if I used the term lazy I would get a quicker answer.
If you couldn't get enough players ...next man up ...I sure they would love to play... I have seen many subs in previous years. Sorry if I offended Coach but I think if your son was playing you would have found a way to make it work.

Much respect Calc.
calculator

Postby Steaglesfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:52 pm

I was not offended at all. HH said I was offended.

I share your frustration. I don't like the fact it was cancelled at all. I had a conversation with another coach asking what we can do because I hate it when educators take the easy route and cancel things when finding a way is better for the student-athletes.

But after talking with all the coaches on both the girls and boys side, we really couldn't find something that worked. Ultimately, I made the call and just didn't want speculation or blame to go somewhere else.
Steaglesfan

Postby Archer Bunker » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Thank you for your efforts coach Millington. Many people do not understand how much is involved scheduling an event like this and there is only a limited time frame because of other sports and activities that are starting up. Again thank you for your efforts and congrats to you and your team on a good season. If it wasn't for injuries SP had a good shot at taking home the Gold Ball.

AB
Archer Bunker

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur