SMAA All Star Game

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: SMAA All Star Game

Postby interloper » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:37 am

Archer Bunker wrote:Thank you for your efforts coach Millington. Many people do not understand how much is involved scheduling an event like this and there is only a limited time frame because of other sports and activities that are starting up. Again thank you for your efforts and congrats to you and your team on a good season. If it wasn't for injuries SP had a good shot at taking home the Gold Ball.

AB

Definitely have to second this post. Many times the people that criticize are the ones who never done something like this and have no idea how much effort it takes to get things done correctly.
interloper

Postby calculator » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am

When someone accepts the responsibility to get a task completed then he accepts all responsibility and
critics that come with it. In my line of work the task must be completed there are no excuses. In the future maybe
plan B or C could implemented so the game is played. We do live in Maine and the weather is unpredictable so planning
for an unexpected event would assure the task is completed.

I not here to bust balls but to try to avoid this situation in the future. As Cim would say we could learn a life lesson.

Much respect Calc.
calculator

Postby Steaglesfan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:58 am

You make some pretty big assumptions. First, options A, B, C, and D were put on the table. None of them worked. We set dates in the fall while eyeing possible snow dates. Teams set banquet dates around ours. So there are a limited amount of available options. The coaches unanimously agreed to cancel.

You mention in your line of work, but this is not my line of work. It is completely volunteer. Accountability in a real line of work is very important, but my first priorities lie with the demands of my family, my students, and our basketball players and program. None of those would be sacrificed for what I am willing to do as a volunteer.

I accept responsibility because first, the game didn't happen and that is too bad, and second because if assigning blame is needed than blame me.
Steaglesfan

Postby oscar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:43 am

What are you a professional hitman? We are talking about an all-star game! Lighten up Francis! move on. You must have bigger issues in your life I hope.
oscar

Postby ExpoEddie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:52 pm

I am grateful that Coach Millington did not have to coach Calc's son for the last 4 years. A class coach with a top flight program. The tribute to Coach Russo the day he was inducted at SP's home game speaks of character. With the MPA dictating so much before season and summer programming, was afraid of another instance that their rules were the reason.

No blame anywhere, just unfortunate. Bulldog banquet tonite and I am sure Griff, Manny & Terion will be disappointed not to have played, but understanding it was beyond what coaches could control.
ExpoEddie

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:23 pm

ExpoEddie wrote:I am grateful that Coach Millington did not have to coach Calc's son for the last 4 years. A class coach with a top flight program. The tribute to Coach Russo the day he was inducted at SP's home game speaks of character. With the MPA dictating so much before season and summer programming, was afraid of another instance that their rules were the reason.

No blame anywhere, just unfortunate. Bulldog banquet tonite and I am sure Griff, Manny & Terion will be disappointed not to have played, but understanding it was beyond what coaches could control.

EE: At least back in the very dark ages when I was coaching the mpa had no control over what seniors did after the Friday of tournament week or championship Saturday after that Friday along with the state game dates as far as mpa sports season policy is concern and that goes for coaches coaching seniors as well. McDonald's all-star games have been after the sports season with closing date ever since they began so coaches can coach their own seniors any time they wish to now......unless the rule has been changed and exceptions made for the McDonald All-Star games....and even though I am way into my senior citizen ship I don't think that I have seen anywhere where that has happened.....YET.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur