No more T's on Dunks Sports Chowdah 2/22

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: No more T's on Dunks Sports Chowdah 2/22

Postby bainsey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:00 pm

HoopHopeful wrote:The commissioner in the video said they were illegal moves...

No, he said the names of the moves were irrelvant. His words were: "We hear talk about a spin-move or a Euro-step. There's no such thing. It's either illegally using your pivot foot, or legally using your pivot foot."

Evidence: http://www.wmtw.com/article/commissioner-of-state-basketball-commission-responds-to-dunking-controversy/19136852
bainsey

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:53 pm

There isn’t such a thing... Get into the 2018’s those are the moves players use, either legal or illegal pivot, anytime a player uses them more often than not they’re called for a violation. Irregardless if they are legally done. You can ignore the facts, but how the games are being ref’d is clearly influenced by them. I have watched more legally performed moves called violations then I care to discuss.

You can dance around the issues all you want, he is awful for Maine basketball along with his side kick. Both are outdated and should retire into the sunset.. Grasping the rim is a T OMFG They can’t leave soon enough.. Thank god I have only one more year to shake my head in disbelief...
HoopHopeful

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 pm

HoopHopeful wrote:There isn’t such a thing... Get into the 2018’s those are the moves players use, either legal or illegal pivot, anytime a player uses them more often than not they’re called for a violation. Irregardless if they are legally done. You can ignore the facts, but how the games are being ref’d is clearly influenced by them. I have watched more legally performed moves called violations then I care to discuss.

You can dance around the issues all you want, he is awful for Maine basketball along with his side kick. Both are outdated and should retire into the sunset.. Grasping the rim is a T OMFG They can’t leave soon enough.. Thank god I have only one more year to shake my head in disbelief...

HH: Well, after next year you won't have to suffer anymore as the college game will give you all the basketball entertainment you want on those dunks grasping the rim without technicals being called, the euro step and the spinning pivots not being called travels for illegal use of the pivot foot.

But if you want a real quick basketball entertainment fix go watch the Globetrotters. They have everything you want. Then to top if off maybe the retirements you seek occur after next year when you are watching college games.

Just trying to relief your basketball sufferings and other basketball people who agree with you.
bcbc55

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Cim, you’re rambling... are you drunk? We get it, the best basketball ever played was by teams coached by you! Always from
The shoulders up, blah blah blah...
Last edited by HoopHopeful on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoopHopeful

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:02 am

HoopHopeful wrote:Cim, you’re rambling... are you drunk? We get it, the best basketball ever played was by teams coached by you! Always from
The shoulders up, blah blah blah...

HH: Can dish it out but can't take it eh? I didn't mention anything about me in the post above, but you made it that way didn't you? Always got to get personel huh?

Just "tryin" to help relieve your dunking, euro step and all other modern day bad calls by officials.

By the way have you EVER officiated as an IAABO official or a CBOA (that's college) official?

Or just another fan from the stands who never misses a call?
Last edited by bcbc55 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby HoopHopeful » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:08 am

You’re rambling again, put the bottle down...
HoopHopeful

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:18 am

HoopHopeful wrote:You’re rambling again, put the bottle down...

HH: Hit another nerve huh? Or does the truth hurt?
bcbc55

Postby HoopHopeful » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:24 am

Yawn, isn’t past your bedtime, just sleep it off.. What a dunk, NC vs Miami, with grasping. pivot moves and athleticism.. Best basketball around! Happy Hoops
HoopHopeful

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:54 am

HoopHopeful wrote:Yawn, isn’t past your bedtime, just sleep it off.. What a dunk, NC vs Miami, with grasping. pivot moves and athleticism.. Best basketball around! Happy Hoops

HH: Not yet it is usually 2:00am. "Surprised What a dunk" wasn't "What a drunk" as you posted when you asked if I was before.

"Different basketball strokes for different basketball folks". Just like to agree and disagree positively. That's my preference.
bcbc55

Postby hoops88 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:00 pm

The real issue is making a call based on an presumption of guilt. The official didn't really see whether the pivot foot came down before the shot or pass was made, but he has had it beaten into his head by the inane basketball leadership in Maine that 9 out of 10 times it is a violation, so just call it.

How many times do you see a high dribble whistled as carrying? 9 out of 10 times even though it doesn't matter how high a single dribble goes, as long as the hand is above the ball. A presumption of guilt blows that whistle.
hoops88

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur