No more T's on Dunks Sports Chowdah 2/22

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: No more T's on Dunks Sports Chowdah 2/22

Postby HoopHopeful » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 pm

HE AND FULLER NEED TO BE REMOVED

MPA - PLEASE DO SOMETHING THESE TWO ARE KILLING OUR SPORT
HoopHopeful

Postby HoopHopeful » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 pm

This is no joke, and I'll swear on a stack a bibles, Anna,and I had a discussion about "dumbing" down the way they play, blue collar only basketball during the state games. She did not do anything that she has been trained to do, as a result of being called for a violation. The calls that have gone against her over the last two tournaments has made her change the way she plays. No more spin moves, no more euro steps and certainly no pro hops. Remember Brooke Obar's mid court dribble with no defenders that was called a carry?? OMFG

It's sad when a kid has to worry about how or what she is going to do on the court before the game even starts. Its unfortunate but that is what it's come down to.

MPA Please do something to fix this mess...

Postby wings » 07 Mar 2018 15:26

Attack the basket AND pull-up from 5, 10, 15 feet and drain it. GSA’s Schildroth and Anna DeWolfe pull-up and bury jump shots as well as any players in Maine....develop this skill and we’ll see fewer collisions near the basket.
HoopHopeful

Postby BHoops » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

HH -- my memory is fading but I think she got called for traveling on a perfect spin move in the state game? she was not the only kid in the state dumbing down their game because of the refs......including being told to "flop"--I mean fall on contact to sell the offensive. just how you want to prepare for the playoffs!

keep the posts coming.
BHoops

Postby BHoops » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 pm

that "keep the posts coming" was for you HH....tend to agree with almost anything you throw up here.
BHoops

Postby HoopHopeful » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:26 pm

She has been working on her pull up J shot, as that is a weapon you need in college. I prefer players when the opportunity is there to attack the rim, finish and draw the foul. Changing the way you play and what makes you unique is really shameful, the tourney is about kids displaying their unique skill sets, it shouldn't have to include tempering how you play because a commissioner states Euro steps, pro hops and Spin moves are illegal. Just listening to that garbage makes me cringe, much like reading Cim's posts on controlling all movement in an offense.

Webbs line line tells is still ringing in my ears. In this day and age how can the top DOG state those moves are illegal. MPA are you listening??? Please do something to fix this fiasco!!
HoopHopeful

Postby ExpoEddie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 pm

I truly believe there is only two solutions to get rid of Webb and seize control. "We" flood legislators with emails, Senators, not Reps demanding a hearing. They get more than three emails or voicemails and it is a crisis in their minds. The other is far more bold, but needs to be considered. Schools like in the SMAA force his removal or they boycott the MPA.

I would take collective talent in the MBR, BlueWave, FireCrackers, Maine Hoops, etc. to build their own conference with a championship of their own. Sound nuts, ask the AFL and ABA. Get some select schools that would be our Julius Irving or George McGinnis, Hershel Walker. We can bitch and moan with no change, or recruit players, fans, coaches to a new Sheriff in Town that is focused on taking control and not watching the MPA and Webb take down basketball of Maine.
ExpoEddie

Postby bainsey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:20 am

I guess I'll play the heel here.

When Webb says spin moves and Euro-steps "don't exist," he meant in the rule book. I've checked; they're not there. People are often so focused on defining the move itself, they're not looking at what the officials look at -- identifying the pivot foot once the dribble has ended.

Is a Euro-step legal? It depends. If the pivot foot comes up, and the shot is released, fine. If the pivot foot comes up then back down before the shot is released, travel.

Same with a spin move. Usually, a dribble ends while the player is on one foot. That's the pivot foot. If you spin off this foot, then spin off the non-pivot foot, you're fine until that pivot foot comes down. If you end the dribble and spin off the non-pivot foot, though, the instant you put that pivot foot down, tweet.

Euro-step, hop-step, Texas two-step, it's all about the pivot foot.
bainsey

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:22 am

Bainsey: I don't know any decent trainer worth their salt teaching kids the wrong way. The spin move is legitimate as is the euro and pro hop. To say they are illegal is moronic and best, this is coming from the commissioner, the head of ref's in Maine. OMFG, seriously how in gods name can you defend that?

Are there players that put their pivot foot back down, yes, are their players that don't stick the pro hop correctly with both feet at the same time, yep... I'm in the camp if the player is close, and it's not outrageous let the play stand, what is wrong with more scoring and kids having a little bit of leniency. It happens all the time with contact calls? There is no leniency because we have people at the top still stuck in the stone ages. Sorry but the game has progressed and both these guys should F.... retire and allow the game to move on.

THEY DONT RESIGN OR LEAVE BECAUSE THEY ARE SELFISH AND DON'T WANT TO DO WHATS RIGHT FOR THE KIDS OR THE GAME IN MAINE... TIME FOR NEW BLOOD!!!

When Webb says spin moves and Euro-steps "don't exist," he meant in the rule book. I've checked; they're not there. People are often so focused on defining the move itself, they're not looking at what the officials look at -- identifying the pivot foot once the dribble has ended.

Is a Euro-step legal? It depends. If the pivot foot comes up, and the shot is released, fine. If the pivot foot comes up then back down before the shot is released, travel.

Same with a spin move. Usually, a dribble ends while the player is on one foot. That's the pivot foot. If you spin off this foot, then spin off the non-pivot foot, you're fine until that pivot foot comes down. If you end the dribble and spin off the non-pivot foot, though, the instant you put that pivot foot down, tweet.

Euro-step, hop-step, Texas two-step, it's all about the pivot foot.
HoopHopeful

Postby bainsey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 am

HoopHopeful wrote:Bainsey: I don't know any decent trainer worth their salt teaching kids the wrong way. The spin move is legitimate as is the euro and pro hop. To say they are illegal is moronic and best, this is coming from the commissioner, the head of ref's in Maine. OMFG, seriously how in gods name can you defend that?

I don't think you read what I wrote.

The spin move, Euro-step, or any other move is illegal ONLY if you pick up your pivot foot and put it back down. If you keep your pivot foot in the air, you're fine. It's that simple.

The name of the move doesn't matter.

By the way, I passed on a travel call on an illegal spin move several years ago in a ref camp. The supervisor tore me a new one. He was right. It doesn't matter how it happens, once that pivot foot comes back down, it's travelling.
bainsey

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 am

The commissioner in the video said they were illegal moves... They are not illegal if performed correctly. Many of these moves are done correctly, but based on the commissioners views, clearly noted in the video, they are illegal and get called as such. Please stay on topic... I'm not arguing your point on the pivot foot, I'm stating kids do it correctly but still get called because the head honcho is stuck in THE STONE AGES.

I don't think you read what I wrote.

The spin move, Euro-step, or any other move is illegal ONLY if you pick up your pivot foot and put it back down. If you keep your pivot foot in the air, you're fine. It's that simple.
HoopHopeful

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur