[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Bangor High School

Bangor High School

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Bangor High School

Postby thebam » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:35 pm

71Comeback wrote:Who will be coaching Bangor tonight?

JV Coach, Jon McAllian
thebam

Postby O Head Man » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Jon McAllian, I would guess.
O Head Man

Postby duke11 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:12 pm

According to multiple people, Mark Hackett will be coaching
Tonight. I’m sure that gives the Jv and Freshmen coach a big sense of appreciation.
duke11

Postby MrBeauxJanglesDeux » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 pm

It’s really to bad this has happened, like someone posted, Bangor has zero seniors on the roster, but will now have to start next season with a brand new coach and system!!

Why was alcohol being consumed at the North AA coaches meeting? Were all the coaches drinking?

If the coach failed a blood draw, after driving all the way to nearly Bangor, from Lewiston, and then the time from his accident to the draw, nobody else at this meeting thought to see if he was ok to drive or recommend he didn’t get behind the wheel? Some of us have had a few adults beverages before and know how tipsy you have to be to still be over the limit that long after.

Thankfully the car he was passing made it ok and nobody was hurt or killed, including him!! He’s done a lot for basketball and student athletes and I’m sure we can all respect that!
MrBeauxJanglesDeux

Postby augie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 pm

MrBeauxJanglesDeux wrote:
Why was alcohol being consumed at the North AA coaches meeting? Were all the coaches drinking?

If the coach failed a blood draw, after driving all the way to nearly Bangor, from Lewiston, and then the time from his accident to the draw, nobody else at this meeting thought to see if he was ok to drive or recommend he didn’t get behind the wheel? Some of us have had a few adults beverages before and know how tipsy you have to be to still be over the limit that long after.

!

Two words: Road Sodas.

We all make mistakes and the most important thing is to learn from them as it sounds like Coach Parker has. He certainly has owned his error in judgment. I am glad no one was hurt.
augie

Postby football58 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Great role model. Obviously wasn't the first time he had over indulged. The old boys network of AAU took a real hit.
football58

Postby MrBeauxJanglesDeux » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 pm

I would agree with your TWO WORDS, but nobody can possibly have drank enough “road sodas,” to blow more than a .08, without a little pregame, prior to departure! It’s only an hour twenty drive from Lewiston to the scene...so you kind of wonder if alcohol was consumed during this meeting?
MrBeauxJanglesDeux

Postby augie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm

MrBeauxJanglesDeux wrote:I would agree with your TWO WORDS, but nobody can possibly have drank enough “road sodas,” to blow more than a .08, without a little pregame, prior to departure! It’s only an hour twenty drive from Lewiston to the scene...so you kind of wonder if alcohol was consumed during this meeting?

I take it you aren’t a big drinker. I’ve retired but back in the day that would be a least a six pack. No way they were drinking at this meeting.
augie

Postby Linguist » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 am

very rarely in history has anyone ever gotten arrested the very first time they actually operated a vehicle under the influence.

So for Augie to write he thinks a lesson was learned from this, one can only hope the lesson is learned, but statistics and history show many are repeat offender and hopefully this is where it ends for Coach Parker and fortunately he didn't kill anyone.
Linguist

Postby circle6 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 am

I'm sure a lot of Bangor fans are looking forward to next season and the continued success of the Rams.As for drinking and driving a wide range of people get bagged for OUI in Maine every day. Many have been well known in the basketball community, others in the political and entertainment sector. Hell, it didn't stop one from being elected a U.S. President or another from having his jokes laughed at.
circle6

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur