REFFAN IS THIS A TRAVEL

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: REFFAN IS THIS A TRAVEL

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:42 pm

Im not sure which official is the correct one to make the call. The play was almost on the block, baseline ref was standing in front of it while The official who made the call was trailing. Its a biased in my opinion, girls are ref’d completely different. No contact, no blocked shots and any advanced finish move has to be a violation.. I have two kids playing and Im amazed how differently its officiated. There are way too many whistles in my opinion. I actually enjoy watching a more physical game and girls getting after it

bcbc55 wrote:
HoopHopeful wrote:I was hird row up ifon that side, it was nothing more than a jumpb stop. It looks like she lands with teo feet down as required. I considered it close enough not to be a one/two.

The fact the baseline ref was much closer and didn’t blow his whistle had me thinking it wasn’t. It was the first scoring play of the game..

'
HH: Is this the case of an official making a call out of his PCA (Primary Coverage Area)?
HoopHopeful

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:52 pm

HoopHopeful wrote:Im not sure which official is the correct one to make the call. The play was almost on the block, baseline ref was standing in front of it while The official who made the call was trailing. Its a biased in my opinion, girls are ref’d completely different. No contact, no blocked shots and any advanced finish move has to be a violation.. I have two kids playing and Im amazed how differently its officiated. There are way too many whistles in my opinion. I actually enjoy watching a more physical game and girls getting after it

bcbc55 wrote:
HoopHopeful wrote:I was hird row up ifon that side, it was nothing more than a jumpb stop. It looks like she lands with teo feet down as required. I considered it close enough not to be a one/two.

The fact the baseline ref was much closer and didn’t blow his whistle had me thinking it wasn’t. It was the first scoring play of the game..

'
HH: Is this the case of an official making a call out of his PCA (Primary Coverage Area)?

HH: When I reffed HS Boys and Girls games I tried to call it the same way. advantage/disadvantage on fouls and the only real difference is the same thing with violations especially in girls games. Same way in college men's/women's games I did. Tried not to blow my whistle that way I was usually late with most of all of my calls.

Better late and right then early and wrong.
bcbc55

Postby 46Power » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:54 pm

It’s a travel but in the playoffs that’s a technical foul
46Power

Postby HoopHopeful » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 am

46 I'm curious what makes you think it's a travel?

46Power wrote:It’s a travel but in the playoffs that’s a technical foul
HoopHopeful

Postby Therealslimshady » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 am

The only way the official could rule that a travel is if he felt her feet did not land simultaneously.
Therealslimshady

Postby reffan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 am

ok.....let the expert chime in here...

first off all its "chicks" reffan thinks the chicks should be allowed 5 steps before you call a travel.....

but if that was a "guy" no travel....good athletic move.....

now..maybe if you slow it down to frame by frame it might be technically a travel but come on....let the kids play!!!!

That was a heck of a move by that young lady....reffan was actually impressed.....

reffan thinks that was Barry Fn Fuller......shocked that he didn't T her up for looking back at him....

whoever said..."if you are not sure don't call it" reffan agrees 100 percent!
reffan

Postby hoops88 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:45 am

Wasn't his call to make. Baseline ref was right there 3 feet from the action. That was a "there was a lot of movement, must have been a travel" call.

Ref calling travel should have been looking for violations away from the ball.
hoops88

Postby ExpoEddie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:24 am

It is very tough to see Anna's feet landing. The fact that he blew the whistle once she elevated indicates her stop was legal, but was behind the times once again in thinking a girl could not then elevate into her shot. Advanced offensive move, 60's ref perspective.
ExpoEddie

Postby reffan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:19 am

well.....better get used to it...

tourney time two weeks away.....

travel, player control, travel, travel, player control, 3 seconds, travel, travel, player control, T, T. T, travel, travel, player control, 3 seconds, coaches box warning, travel, travel, travel, player control, player control, 3 seconds.....
reffan

Postby wonderbread » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Get ready for "Whistle Mainia" 34.
wonderbread

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur