Undefeated Teams

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Undefeated Teams

Postby FanDad21 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:23 pm

GSA will have a harder time winning it in Augusta. Wayneflete, Hall-Dale, or Winthrop should give them a good game.
FanDad21

Postby Narrfan19 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:34 pm

FanDad21 wrote:GSA will have a harder time winning it in Augusta. Wayneflete, Hall-Dale, or Winthrop should give them a good game.

No doubt those teams will, but I'm still saying GSA will win the gold again this year.
Narrfan19

Postby Therealslimshady » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 am

The class C tourney is wide open!
Therealslimshady

Postby dunbar » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 am

Greely is a poor example of the issues with conferences. Look at their schedule and look at all the points on it. They did it right.

Five classes are a reality thanks to the (SM)AA schools. They need to balance out the remaining four classes in order for it to work in the long term.
dunbar

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:51 pm

dunbar wrote:Greely is a poor example of the issues with conferences. Look at their schedule and look at all the points on it. They did it right.

Five classes are a reality thanks to the (SM)AA schools. They need to balance out the remaining four classes in order for it to work in the long term.

dunbar: You are absolutely RIGHT,AGAIN!!!!!!.

25 secs.
bcbc55

Postby circle6 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 pm

What make Portland's loss to Scarborough interesting is this: Should Greely meet Biddeford in the tournament and beat them ,go on to win the state title in class A as well as being undefeated, I believe they could rightfully claim the title as the best team in Maine... paper champ of course.(Biddo beat Scarborough by 29 recently).
Last edited by circle6 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
circle6

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:38 pm

circle6 wrote:What make Portland's loss to Biddeford interesting is this: Should Greely meet Biddeford in the tournament and beat them ,go on to win the state title in class A as well as being undefeated, I believe they could rightfully claim the title as the best team in Maine... paper champ of course.

circle6: How are you my friend? Very good observation on your part. You are still as sharp as a tack.

It will always be a paper championship until the mpa gets smart enough to hold a 5 team state championship tournament the weekend after the state games for both boys and girls. surprising they haven't done it as it would make big bucks for them and we know how they feel about the following the money.

(2 minutes)
bcbc55

Postby circle6 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Cim ,had to edit my post, corrected it but you commented before I got it back up.I got Biddeford mixed up with Scarborough, but the song remains the same. it doesn't matter whether you are the best team in class AA or class D ,you can't claim the title as best in Maine until you prove it against all comers on the floor in meaningful games.
circle6

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:49 pm

circle6 wrote:Cim ,had to edit my post, corrected it but you commented before I got it back up.I got Biddeford mixed up with Scarborough, but the song remains the same. it doesn't matter whether you are the best team in class AA or class D ,you can't claim the title as best in Maine until you prove it against all comers on the floor in meaningful games.

circle6: No problem: That mistake is just like a turnover in a game. That s also why my pencil always rips the paper because I have worn out my erasure and it's down to the metal.

I'm just glad that you are back on MBR. I missed your posts and responses.
bcbc55

Postby MrBeauxJanglesDeux » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 pm

Greely is the perfect example for reasons of dropping conferences. They don’t just schedule within the WMC. That was my point, they go outside of the conference for regular season games, and that takes them into AA teams as well. Yet you have the MVC that’s stays within conference only for regular season. If Greely stayed in conference for regular season games, they would get York and Fryeburg as the only other A schools on the schedule and the rest would be B and C’s.
MrBeauxJanglesDeux

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur