NEWS Feed: Scores, Recaps, Stories: Fri - Sat 1/20-21

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: NEWS Feed: Scores, Recaps, Stories: Fri - Sat 1/20-21

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:37 pm

cantdothat wrote:Cim,
It's Coach McDormand.
I've got your back.

Coach: At my age now I need someone to have my back. Enjoyed the game and especially the basketball expertise you bring to the broadcast, Very well done. Keep me posted please when you do another game that I can watch and listen to you. I's like having you right here in my living room.

I did radio/TV color commentating for 15 years for WABI and enjoyed doing it immensely like you seem to be doing.

Great job of letting the viewers know what is really going on on the court.

Thanks again very much

Do you remember the first time we met? I do.
bcbc55

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 pm

I remember the first and only time we met Cimmie. You was at the Bangor Auditorium broadcasting a tournament game. Me and my grandson walked all the way up these stairs to meet you and you didn't give us the time of day. You was very upset at the time because you were having internet wifi problems or something like that. I said hi coach i'm Archer Bunker and this is my grandson Lenny and you said nice to meet you and the guy that was sitting with you said I think I got it and you went back to broadcasting waiving bye bye to us. So we left and that was it.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:I remember the first and only time we met Cimmie. You was at the Bangor Auditorium broadcasting a tournament game. Me and my grandson walked all the way up these stairs to meet you and you didn't give us the time of day. You was very upset at the time because you were having internet wifi problems or something like that. I said hi coach i'm Archer Bunker and this is my grandson Lenny and you said nice to meet you and the guy that was sitting with you said I think I got it and you went back to broadcasting waiving bye bye to us. So we left and that was it.

AB

ARCH: I apologize to you an your grandson, Lenny, for that but in the heat of a problem with broadcasting I owed it first to my bosses and their sponsors to keep broadcasting. I should have told you to hang around until a break and then we could visit, if you wished...like between quarters, half time or between games.

What year was that, can you remember?

However, i am glad you never held that against me here on MBR and I have no problem with you bring it up now after I asked the question do you remember when we first met, even though I was asking someone else in the broadcasting business of all things which is kind of ironic isn't it?

That way I know it happened and could apologize and tell you that the next time you are ever in Bangor please look me up by calling me at 356-6787 and bring Lenny and all three of us can shoot hoops in my backyard on the Eastern Maine and State of Maine basketball history the former Bangor Auditorium hoops which I have in my backyard court.

When they were closing the Auditorium several years ago people teased me by asking me how many of the auditorium seats was I going to get because I spent the most time in that famous building when practicing and playing games there for 21 seasons and I told them I wasn't going for the small stuff I was going for the big stuff which I did.

Thanks for letting me know what I didn't do and what I now know what I should have done so the best I can do to make it up to Lenny and you is to invite you to the nearest thing left of the old original Bangor Auditorium.

Thanks and sorry, and hope you take me up on my offer to Lenny and you.

CIM
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:I remember the first and only time we met Cimmie. You was at the Bangor Auditorium broadcasting a tournament game. Me and my grandson walked all the way up these stairs to meet you and you didn't give us the time of day. You was very upset at the time because you were having internet wifi problems or something like that. I said hi coach i'm Archer Bunker and this is my grandson Lenny and you said nice to meet you and the guy that was sitting with you said I think I got it and you went back to broadcasting waiving bye bye to us. So we left and that was it.

AB
bcbc55

Postby cantdothat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 am

Cim,
This is a schedule of WHOU 100.1 livestream broadcasts.
I am part of the Bangor area broadcast team. It has been a fun, low stress experience for me and I am thankful.
Other games could possibly be added when competitive matches occur.
I will guess that we met at Lee Academy in 2005-2006.

https://whoufm.com/livestream-schedule/
cantdothat

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur