ZEBRAS

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:58 pm

ExpoEddie wrote:bcbc55 you took a nice post and just posted negative comments to bring it down. Your comments are 100% based upon your interpretation of events. What none of us know is what happened the practice the night before.? did it impact coaches subs playing. Was their a milestone the coach was attempting to get for a player. Was a coach just plain distracted by something else. Did something happen in the classroom?, late for the bus? We way too often assume the worst or least.

I am still heartened by the ref's gesture. It made me smile for a moment in my day.


ExpoEddie:

I have done plenty of things that I believe that are the right things to do and others don't agree and get upset with me and this was one of those times again.

I knew enough from the original post that the losing coach didn't sub first and I don't care his reason for not subbing first and the ref although making a kind gesture could have made it a lot sooner and given the players more playing minutes.

Sorry I upset you so. However I still believe officials, coaches, parents and fans can now know the right thing to do if this situation ever occurs again in a game that they are involved with....if they read this thread?

Again, sorry I upset you. I apologize for upsetting you but not for the reason I posted what I did. Losing coach subs first, Ref though kind was late with kindness.

Just the old teacher-coach-AD in me, saw a teachable moment and used it. Kids come first to me, the adults second.In this situation the kids were last.

Just my opinion. "Different strokes for different folks".
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby LHS81 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Expo is right, one’s interpretation of events, opinion and an overdose of personal history is supposed to teach us all the “right” thing to do? I can appreciate the official’s gesture.

In 1977 I paid $1 to see Rocky at the Empire Theatre, things sure do change.
LHS81
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby calculator » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:31 pm

I think that when the winning coach is comfortable and confident his team has the game wrapped up ...he can sub his seldom used bench players. If that happens before the losing coach subs first then he gives his subs more playing time.
Why should he wait till the white flag goes up thus shortening playing time for the subs. The losing coach may be trying to make the score look respectable.I think waiting for him to sub is stubborn, foolish and only hurting your subs.
calculator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 pm

calculator wrote:I think that when the winning coach is comfortable and confident his team has the game wrapped up ...he can sub his seldom used bench players. If that happens before the losing coach subs first then he gives his subs more playing time.
Why should he wait till the white flag goes up thus shortening playing time for the subs. The losing coach may be trying to make the score look respectable.I think waiting for him to sub is stubborn, foolish and only hurting your subs.


Caluclator: Calculate this. Winning coach substitutes against losing teams starters and then because the losing team cuts the score down then the winning coach has to put his starters back in and then some one gets hurt and IS out for the season after sitting on the bench not warmed up and not expecting to have to play again....that's real smart.

Protect your starters by waiting until the losing coach subs first. THAT IS WHAT I ALWAYS DID. It is not intramurals although I wonder some time the way things are done today in Maine high school basketball.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby calculator » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 am

I am talking about the last few minutes of the game when you are way way up. If the teams makes A run your players have only sat a few minutes...no different from getting a break or sitting a few minutes with foul trouble. Its not like a major league pitcher sitting thru a 2 hour rain delay.

I get protection of players but do not get your surrender first mentality.
I read a lot of your stuff and enjoy you sharing all of your experience. That does not mean I have to agree with it.
Its just the way you choose to coach.

Much Respect Calc.
calculator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:25 pm

calculator wrote:I am talking about the last few minutes of the game when you are way way up. If the teams makes A run your players have only sat a few minutes...no different from getting a break or sitting a few minutes with foul trouble. Its not like a major league pitcher sitting thru a 2 hour rain delay.

I get protection of players but do not get your surrender first mentality.
I read a lot of your stuff and enjoy you sharing all of your experience. That does not mean I have to agree with it.
Its just the way you choose to coach.

Much Respect Calc.


calculator: Great that we can agree to disagree in such a positive manner. Not many do here on MBR and I really appreciate and respect you that we can post our differences on a subject like this and do it it in a very first class manner. I am real, real old school and I really appreciate how we have posted back and forth on this.

On a scale of 1-thru 10 with ten being the highest I would say you did this as a NINE.......................TEEN.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby calculator » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:32 am

Cim,
For a stubborn old school dude your all good in my book, btw I good a good chuckle with (calculate this)
Glad you still have a sense of humor!

Calc.
calculator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:52 pm

calculator wrote:Cim,
For a stubborn old school dude your all good in my book, btw I good a good chuckle with (calculate this)
Glad you still have a sense of humor!

Calc.


calculator: Thanks for the support. Glad you have a good chuckle. Law of averages says I come up with a good one once in awhile at my age.

I like the way you add things up as a calculator or should it be with a calculator??
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby calculator » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Cim

When I signed up for this forum I needed to enter a screen name.I looked at my desk and the first thing I saw was a
calculator.
calculator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Re: ZEBRAS

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:58 pm

calculator wrote:Cim

When I signed up for this forum I needed to enter a screen name.I looked at my desk and the first thing I saw was a
calculator.


Calcuator: Well I am sure glad you didn't look at something else as CALCUALTOR FITS YOU JUST FINE BECAUSE YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO ADD TO MBR.

CIM
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcbc55, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 93 guests