2017/18 Zebra of the Week

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: 2017/18 Zebra of the Week

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:10 pm

reffan wrote:As announced last night on twitter.....The first winner of the 2017/18 Zebra of the Week is Skip "Sloth" Capone

Eagle Eye edged out Mike "I should have stayed in the" Woods

His offensive foul on an uncontested dunk and going coat less got him the award
*following the reffan on twitter didn't hurt him either......reffan loves a "suck up"

Reffan will be sending him a ZOW bumper sticker and a letter of authenticity....

**Reffan is also sending Cimbo one.....as a testament of his years of zebra service!

Reffan did hear that Woods was very upset that he did not get the award....hang in there Woodsy.....reffan is sure you will do something to get nominated again....reffan has seen you work....

Happy New Year!!! follow the reffan on twitter @highiqreffan

reffan: Why thank you for thoughfulness, my truck will wear that bumper sticker with pride and thankfulness.
bcbc55

Postby reffan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 am

Reffan is sitting in Boston waiting for his plane....heading back to Costa Rica!!!! 88 there today!

will be on the beach by late afternoon.....sucking down a bud light.....dilly dilly!

Cim....reffan needs your address.....reffan has made you an honorary Zebra of the Week and wants to sent you a bumper sticker!

Congrats again to the Coatless Skip Capone! besides Clemenza....reffan's favorite!

reffan will be watching the news and staying on MBR....wants to see or hear about the Zebras and who is going to be nominated for the second ZOW award....reffan will be announcing the winners every Sunday from here out.

I am reffan and follow me on twitter.........@highiqreffan
reffan

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:05 pm

reffan wrote:Reffan is sitting in Boston waiting for his plane....heading back to Costa Rica!!!! 88 there today!

will be on the beach by late afternoon.....sucking down a bud light.....dilly dilly!

Cim....reffan needs your address.....reffan has made you an honorary Zebra of the Week and wants to sent you a bumper sticker!

Congrats again to the Coatless Skip Capone! besides Clemenza....reffan's favorite!

reffan will be watching the news and staying on MBR....wants to see or hear about the Zebras and who is going to be nominated for the second ZOW award....reffan will be announcing the winners every Sunday from here out.

I am reffan and follow me on twitter.........@highiqreffan

reffan; My address is 188 Howard Street, Bangor, Maine 04401. Thanks for making me an "honorary zebra of the week."

Bob Cimbollek
bcbc55

Postby reffan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 am

Btw....before I head to the beach...

Cim and Coatless Capone....reffan mailed the ZOW bumper sticker before he left for Costa Rica.... you should be getting them soon!

reffan also sent one to the Maine Basketball Hall of Fame....*they requested one....

OK....time to get some son....

I am "going to be a sun tanned" reffan!
reffan

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:06 pm

reffan wrote:Btw....before I head to the beach...

Cim and Coatless Capone....reffan mailed the ZOW bumper sticker before he left for Costa Rica.... you should be getting them soon!

reffan also sent one to the Maine Basketball Hall of Fame....*they requested one....

OK....time to get some son....

I am "going to be a sun tanned" reffan!

refffan: Thanks again for the bumper sticker, as I said my Silverado pick up truck will wear it with pride.

From the games I have seen at both the high school and college level in Maine this season the most missed call is the Blarge...many refs don't know the difference between a block or a charge. The way they have been favoring the offensive player by calling blocks is very questionable.

Also, seen too much flopping which should be a technical or a no call and am seeing it called a charge.

I also suggest that the officials change the name of a player control foul to a player-out-of-control-foul as if they were in control of their bodies they would not be charging into the defender.

Something for you to mull over as you are basking in the sun on those great beaches.

Thanks again for thinking of me with the Zebra of the week bumper sticker. Great idea and I will look for it at the Maine Basketball Hall of Fame when I am next in the building this year.

CIM
bcbc55

Postby reffan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:52 am

reffan was watching the news...sorry to see what reffan's fellow Mainers went through yesterday with that storm!
Reffan heard it was going to warm up today??? 88 degrees today in Costa Rica!

Cimbo is going to put the bumper sticker on his car.....do you still drive a station wagon Cim?

Skip....reffan would like you to put the sticker on your ref bag....that would be a better sign of honor!!
reffan

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm

reffan wrote:reffan was watching the news...sorry to see what reffan's fellow Mainers went through yesterday with that storm!
Reffan heard it was going to warm up today??? 88 degrees today in Costa Rica!

Cimbo is going to put the bumper sticker on his car.....do you still drive a station wagon Cim?

Skip....reffan would like you to put the sticker on your ref bag....that would be a better sign of honor!!

reffan: I drive a 2003 Tahoe (wife's transportation) and I drive a 2007 Silverado Pickup truck with a plow. I will be putting the ZOW award sticker on the bumper of my truck

Thanks again for the ZOW.

What do you think about changing name of player-control-foul to player-out-of-control-foul and my reason for making this change.?.
bcbc55

Postby FanDad21 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Please nominate the two zebras at the Winthrop-HD game tonight.
FanDad21

Postby MrBeauxJanglesDeux » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 pm

FanDad, you can’t just say “nominate these 2 refs.” You have to offer examples of why they earned a nomination, and the nomination comes from you as well, you don’t ask someone to nominate for you.
MrBeauxJanglesDeux

Postby reffan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:53 am

yes fandad...

reffan is not God....he is not "all knowing"......

if you do not know the refs names.....then you have to give details!

hey Cim....did the bumper sticker come yet???
reffan

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur