Hall-Dale finds way to win against Madison

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Hall-Dale finds way to win against Madison

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:09 am

Hall-Dale boys basketball finds way to win against Madison
The game was only countable contest at Maine Gold Rush tournament.

...Hall-Dale raced to a 22-9 first-quarter lead behind Ashtyn Abbott and Alec Byron. Abbott scored seven of his 13 points in the quarter while Byron scored six of his game-high 16. Madison, however, stormed back in the second period while Hall-Dale went cold. Guards Evan Bess and Sean Whalen combined for nine points while Hall-Dale didn’t score a hoop for the first five minutes of the quarter.

“We came out flat like we always do,” Hall-Dale point guard Tyler Nadeau said. “We kind of got sloppy. We had eight turnovers, I believe, in the first half and that’s kind of uncharacteristic for us.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/12/26/ ... t-madison/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Hall-Dale finds way to win against Madison

Postby JJman1989 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:33 am

Was a 1 point game with three minutes left to play. Halldale is a talented team but is very beatable, no where near the power house that Winthrop was last year in the MVC.
JJman1989

Postby Toughkid » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Oh I beg to differ. HD played by far its worst game of the year and still won by 19. Winthrop last year was carried by 1 player, HD is not reliant on one player having his hands on the ball 85% of the game. They have 4 players that can score 20 and one or two averaging more than 20
Toughkid

Postby JJman1989 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:13 pm

Winthrop was not "carried by one player" they had an elite player would could score 30 a night which forced teams to focus on him and allowed others to get open shots. Which is why they are still a good team without him. However you want to put it halldale does not have that player, they still are a elite team and are the team to beat in the MVC.
JJman1989

Postby Class C Dad » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Hall Dale came out flat yesterday against Madison. Several starters were benched for most of the second half due to lack of effort on the defensive end. I think HD shot about 20 percent for the game. Despite all of this they still won by 19. They followed up with 50 point win against a Monmouth team that played Winthrop tough. Last year HD would lose games when they did no play well or shoot well. The big games are next week with Spruce and Winthrop on the schedule. We will know much more about HD after those conference games
Class C Dad

Postby lovethegame » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 am

So which HD player are you Toughkid? One of the guys in the rotation or one of the guys towards the end of the bench?
lovethegame

Postby zingervid » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Fans,
Munzing Media has made arrangements with Colin Roy, HD AD to livestream the Spruce MT. at HD game as part of our winter sports streaming package. Join Gary Verhille and me for the call. Look for the game on January 4th on www.munzingmediasports.com
Rob Munzing
Munzing Media
zingervid

Postby Toughkid » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Neither actually. Truth be told I have no tie to the team minus the fact that I went to the school and am somewhat of a homer. Other than that I am an outside observer who thinks that HD is head and shoulders above everyone else and doesn't get the respect they deserves.
Toughkid

Postby Sean Stackhouse » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:32 pm

There's a lot of talent in that junior class. I hope they don't play like a team that feels like it "deserves" anything more than the opportunity to compete. They can go very far if they keep playing at a high level and trust more than just a couple players to carry the load. The win in Augusta is one of the most important wins they may have all season, given what they can learn from that kind of experience.
Sean Stackhouse

Postby Class C Dad » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Great post Sean. Hall Dale needs to play with intensity and heart each game to go along with talent. If they can match mental toughness with their talent they will make a deep run. As for the talent part, HD has a very athletic 6’5 kid on JV who should get called up soon which will give this team a rim protector and rebounder they are currently missing. This could be a very big piece of the puzzle for deep playoff run.
Class C Dad

Next

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur