Senior last year, head coach now

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Senior last year, head coach now

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:19 am

Player’s big leap: Senior last year, head coach now
Nineteen-year-old Skyler Archer takes over the boys’ varsity team at Seacoast Christian, starting a career ‘I’ve always dreamed about’ much earlier than he expected.

“Coaching is something I’ve always dreamed about. I did not think it was going to happen this fast,” said Archer, who graduated last spring. “The way things happened, it was meant to be.”

The Archer family has a long connection to Seacoast Christian, a pre-K-to-12 private school with about 50 high school students.

Nikki Winship, the eldest of Tony and the late Deborah Archer’s six children, is the school’s athletic director. Jetstar Archer, the youngest sibling, is a senior and the leading returning scorer from the 2016-17 squad that finished 12-8. Stephen Winship, Nikki’s husband, will be Skyler’s assistant coach.

“I honestly wasn’t concerned,” about hiring Skyler, Nikki Winship said. “He’s done a great job laying down the rules. It is a family dynamic. We all sat down, we all talked about what it would look like. We have time when we talk work and then we have time when we can just talk basketball.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/12/05/h ... -the-next/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur