Play-off thread: Class D

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Play-off thread: Class D

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:32 am

Basketball Tournament Information

February 16-24, 2018 – North & South Quarter & Semi-Finals, Regional Championships
February 24, 2018 – Final day of practice and games for all teams not in State Championships
March 1, 2018 - Class A State Championships (Portland)
March 2, 2018 - Class AA State Championships (Portland)
March 2, 2018 – Class B State Championships (Bangor)
March 3, 2018 - Class D State Championships (Augusta)
March 3, 2018 – Class C State Championships (Augusta)

MPA Venue schedule links:
Schedule - Class AA North, AA South, A South, and B South (Portland Expo/Cross Insurance Arena)

Schedule - Class A North, and C and D South (Augusta Civic Center)

Schedule - Class B North, C North, and D North (Cross Insurance Center, Bangor)
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Top 10 Teams preseason: Class D - ongoing thread ..

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:38 am

Islesboro cancels boys hoop season

...Islesboro had reached out to to Searsport District High School and Belfast Area High School about forming a possible cooperative team, but both school declined for various reasons.

Belfast athletic director Terry Kenniston said “we explored it and it didn’t work out at that point in time.”
“It wasn’t a situation where I could say, ‘Yeah, sure we’ll co-op and let those kids try out and those kinds of things,” Kenniston said. “It’s a process to go through because some of these co-ops are pretty big. [And] there are a lot of politics that go with those kinds of things.”

“It would have to be approved through the school board for us to be a cooperative team per MPA rules,” said Searsport athletic director John Williamson. “And we thought it was in our best interests to just continue the way we are.”

The Eagles qualified the playoffs the last four years. In the 2015-16 season, the Eagles won their first quarterfinal playoff game in 18 years. The then No. 7 Eagles upset No. 2 Pine Tree Academy of Freeport 66-50 at the Augusta Civic Center.

https://knox.villagesoup.com/p/eagles-g ... on/1707425
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby newmember » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:09 pm

The top team in D north will be the smallest school... GHCA. I think Schenck still has Thompson left and will be near the top also.
newmember

Postby ballinrebel09 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:15 am

D North
1) Woodland- Brings back its entire core. They get out and run and have good post play in Worden underneath. The Hayward boy can facilitate and score at will. Went 3-1 at the hodgdon tournament winning 3 with ease over SA, Hodgdon, GHCA(easily) and the loss coming to Fort Kent by 6.
2) Jonesport-Beals- Lost 1 kid who was off the bench but have a young hard working group under Skipper Alley. This team has a little talent but wins games off their ability to hustle and buying in to Alleys system.

As far as GHCA goes I’m not sure what you know but at the hodgdon tournament last weekend they put up less than 10 points in the first half.

As I sit here and think what the rest of D north has there isn’t much there. CA would’ve been the front runner if not moved up to C. Schenck lost JT and King but having Darrick Thompson at the helm you have to put them in the mix. Machais losing Meserau, Anthony, Johnson to graduation and Godfrey on transfer puts them outside the bubble. I see this being a one horse race in D north unless someone from the county has some new info on teams.
ballinrebel09

Postby EasternMaineSports » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:44 am

Alley from Jonesport-Beals got injured in the Searsport preseason game. Not sure of the severity.
EasternMaineSports

Postby prox120 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Greenville will be the best in the South and should win the Class D Gold Ball
prox120

Postby millersbaseball » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Look out for BC - return almost all starters.

Coach Kevin Reed seems to get the most out of his players. Expect a record around .500, but play a grueling schedule and will be a tough matchup for any team in the tournament.
millersbaseball

Postby EasternMaineSports » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:20 pm

EasternMaineSports

Re: Top Teams: Class D: (Standings Dec-17)

Postby frankj » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 am

Class D North

1.) Woodland
2.) Jonesport-Beals
3.) SACS
4.) GHCA
5.) Katahdin

Will review South some before posting.
frankj

Re: Top Teams: Class D: (Standings Dec-17)

Postby lovethegame » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 pm

I think D South will end up being a 3 horse race come the end of the season. It'll end up being between Greenville, Valley, and Forest Hills. Knocking on the door will be Temple. North Haven will probably be in the top 6 but I think they're just going to be a pretender this year because they'll beat all the weaker teams and get handled by the top four teams.

I know the only real game FH has had so far has been against Greenville, but they beat them by 10. Is FH that good or is Greenville missing someone right now to injury/sickness/grades? I'm betting on Greenville meeting up with Valley in the D South finals.
lovethegame

Next

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur