Play-off thread: Class B

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Play-off thread: Class B

Postby Hozball22 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Hermon over MDI 45-33... Coach Cim, they have a Great Home atmosphere, they love their Hoops down here for sure! Also Andrew Phelps did not play, he was in street clothes. Word was he had Appendicitis, and had surgery. He is a great player and huge part of that team, hope he get's to return to finish his Senior run.
Last edited by Hozball22 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hozball22

Postby dunbar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:53 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
Hozball22 wrote:#1 Hermon (14-0) at #2 MDI (11-2) 7pm game time... one of the toughest places to get a W, will be quite a test for both squads.

"Hozball22": Why? Just because their is a lot of room between the baskets and the stage on one end and the wall on the other end. When I was coaching at Bapst I found the coach of MDI, Will Jones) the toughest thing about playing at MDI, same could be said for Coach Norwood for the boys and Coach Barker for the girls team now. That is what I would agree with about why MDI is one of the toughest places to play. Nice court with plenty of room and crowd is a little farther from court away then most H.S. gyms.

The space behind the hoops is no different than a place like Hampden, Camden, Mattanawcook, or the old Auditorium. The stage isn't there anymore. It's an energetic place though. The Island knows their basketball and the band sets the tone the minute MDI runs onto the court. Didn't make a difference tonight, though. Way too many Trojan turnovers (20+) and no answer for Godfrey.
dunbar

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm

dunbar wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:
Hozball22 wrote:#1 Hermon (14-0) at #2 MDI (11-2) 7pm game time... one of the toughest places to get a W, will be quite a test for both squads.

"Hozball22": Why? Just because their is a lot of room between the baskets and the stage on one end and the wall on the other end. When I was coaching at Bapst I found the coach of MDI, Will Jones) the toughest thing about playing at MDI, same could be said for Coach Norwood for the boys and Coach Barker for the girls team now. That is what I would agree with about why MDI is one of the toughest places to play. Nice court with plenty of room and crowd is a little farther from court away then most H.S. gyms.

The space behind the hoops is no different than a place like Hampden, Camden, Mattanawcook, or the old Auditorium. The stage isn't there anymore. It's an energetic place though. The Island knows their basketball and the band sets the tone the minute MDI runs onto the court. Didn't make a difference tonight, though. Way too many Trojan turnovers (20+) and no answer for Godfrey.

dunbar: I haven't been in the MDI gym since I reffed there in the mid 2010's No Andrew Phelps tonight makes a huge difference as he is their point guard and team leader who can score and make his teammates better. If Hermon goes undefeated (got to go to PI who took them to overtime before losing 60-56) they have a greater chance of being upset again this year like they did last year when they got beat as the one seed in the semi-finals.

Basketball "KARMA" could be in play for Hermon and you know why don't you?
bcbc55

Postby Hozball22 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:30 pm

Coach Cim, your "KARMA" comment seems like your trying to start something... If so, that would be quite "CHILDISH" on your part...
Hozball22

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:53 am

from Wed Jan 31...

SCORES
Hermon 45, Mt. Desert Island 33
Houlton H.S. 66, Caribou H.S. 55
Presque Isle H.S. 67, John Bapst Mem. H.S. 50
Washington Acad. 66, Old Town H.S. 44

MEDIA
Hermon Boys Remain Undefeated, Win at MDI...
- http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Hermo ... 69263.html
- http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/23 ... oft-at-hom

Houlton sweeps season series with Presque Isle
http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/Ho ... 61723.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby islandball » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:24 am

Does the Karma comment have to do with recruiting a player?
islandball

Postby Hozball22 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:49 am

islandball wrote:Does the Karma comment have to do with recruiting a player?

Certain it does, and everyone can say what they want, but it only shows their narrow vision. The real world for some is bigger than basketball, if a young man gets a Hand Up and takes advantage of it, the crowd starts chirping. Coach Cim should be careful, he waves Bangor's flag quite high, and their top 2 players are tranfers, or maybe Recruit is the term we're using now...
Hozball22

Postby wings » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 am

Winslow has ‘quietly’ ripped of 9 straight...Defense and Rebounding has propelled the Black Raiders...in their last two games versus A North rivals Lawrence and Skowhegan, the Black Raiders held the Bulldogs to 35 points and Skowhegan to 30 points.

Gonna miss Ken Lindlof’s color commentary and insight this tourney season, but look forward to a deep run by his Winslow team. Oceanside lurks as a contender too...possible Qfinal game between Winslow and Oceanside...
wings

Postby eastofthecheesehouse » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:59 pm

I was at the MDI/Hermon game last night. MDI is a tough place to play & Coach Norwood has done an excellent job with his program. I was surprised that 15 games in and undefeated Hermon did not really impress me? Not having Phelps could hurt MDI and where they end up in the standings? On the other part of the topic, I think it is great that the kid transferred in from Machais, better competition, more exposure etc.
eastofthecheesehouse

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:35 am

from Thursday Feb 1.....

SCORES
Hermon H.S. 65, Foxcroft Acad. 54
Mountain Valley 58, Lisbon 46
Mt. Desert Isl. H.S. 63, Orono H.S. 48
Spruce Mountain 66, Oak Hill 56
Washington Academy 69, John Bapst 53

MEDIA
Spruce Mountain, Shaw stave off Oak Hill