THE BEST EVER: Mims over Medley ? or Bedard or ...

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

THE BEST EVER: Mims over Medley ? or Bedard or ...

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:38 am

Mike Lobikis‏ @MLfromdeep
Follow Follow @MLfromdeep
More Mike Lobikis Retweeted BrunswickBasketball
THE BEST EVER. No one is going to get their feelings hurt about that. Ralph Mims is the best player to ever come out of Maine. Period. Apologies to Nik Caner-Medley, T.J. Caouette, Nick Pelotte, @76ers Head Coach Brett Brown, Andy Bedard, and the Hartwell Twins.

BrunswickBasketball‏
@Brunswick_Hoops
Following Following @Brunswick_Hoops
#TBTuesday One of the best ever to wear the Orange and Black, 4 year starter and All Time Dragon leading scorer with 1,916 points Ralph Mims

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: THE BEST EVER: Mims over Medley ? or Bedard or ...

Postby Miren » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 am

Has Lobikis heard of Nick Mayo?
Miren

Postby Muchups » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:14 am

Mims was great in high school but still not as good as Medley (yes, I know Brunswick beat Deering in that one state game).

He wasn't even close to as good as Medley in college who was a four year starter and an all-ACC selection.
Muchups

Postby hawkeye » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:08 am

Mims is undoubtedly the best high school player in the history of Maine basketball. 1,916 career points is the most in Class A history by far, and I believe he only lost a total of 5 or 6 games during those years. Also, It wasn't as if he had all scrubs on his team and he was do to all the scoring, as the 2002 team that won it all featured great players such as Dan Hammond. Also, keep in mind that the Mims-Era dragons were constantly blowing teams out, so Mims would almost never play the 4th quarter. Caner-Medley had a better college career, but him and Mims had similar pro careers until Mims blew out his knee. However, for anyone to say Mayo is better than Mims and Caner-Medley is absurd. Mayo's career in high school was good, but his team never made it past the second round, and he a fairly strong supporting cast with the likes of Jordan Holmes, Sawyer Michaud, and Trevor Gettig. He is having a great college career thus far, on a team that went 5-11 in conference play in one of the worst conferences in basketball. No doubt Mayo is a star on that team, but there's no way he could be playing ACC ball like Mims and Caner-Medley.
hawkeye

Postby Miren » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

LOL, nice top 2018 list hawkeye, no Shildroth? The reality is you are not basketball smart. Mayo still writing his story, word on street some NBA scouts like his game. :D
Miren

Postby Mainehoops33 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 am

Tough choice between Mims and Caner-Medley, that definitely is a good debate. But Nick Mayo is not even comparable to these two! Not only does Mayo play in a weaker conference than NCM and Mims, but his high school career doesn't compare. Mayo vs Fleming would be a better debate than Mayo vs NCM and Ralph Mims.
Mainehoops33

Postby TAallday » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:37 am

Caner-Medley is by far the most successful player over the long-term that has come from Maine.

I think him and Mims are comparable in terms of high school success and numbers in Maine.

Mayo is surely one hell of a player and hey, if he makes it to the show...the NBA...I think we have to have a serious conversation about him being the best Mainer ever. People forget this often, but Nick Mayo had an offer from Oklahome State, and if he reclassified, could have have many high major offers in D-1.
TAallday

Postby Muchups » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:54 am

Don't forget that Caner-Medley averaged 36 points per game in high school...

That he was a finalist for McDonald's All-America game...

That he dominated on one of the country's best AAU teams against national competition...

Again, Mims was great, and better than anyone coming out of Maine in the last decade but Caner-Medley was still far better in high school, college, and pros.

I remember an old Caner-Medley high school highlight reel posted to a site like this a LONG time ago. I wonder if anyone still has access?
Muchups

Postby Miren » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:12 pm

hawkeye & maine hoops33 get lost! Mayo a bad bad bad MAN! #MaineAttraction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfOlPEDNrc
Miren

Postby hawkeye » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Miren wrote:hawkeye & maine hoops33 get lost! Mayo a bad bad bad MAN! #MaineAttraction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfOlPEDNrc

I'm not saying by any means that Mayo isn't a beast, I'm just saying he doesn't compare to Mims and NCM in high school.
hawkeye

Next

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur