All Conference

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

All Conference

Postby bballmom30 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:39 pm

I am a little confused? So in years past you could be the leading scorer in the State, and because you didn't lead your Team to the playoffs, you weren't considered for player of the year in that conference or Gatorade player of the year?

Now you can be the one of the best players and not make the playoffs and Coaches vote you first conference and player of the year? What a joke!

The other joke is if your are a scholarship bound player, you are an automatic shoe in for Gatorade player of the year.
bballmom30

Re: All Conference

Postby DepatsyRules » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:38 am

I would think being a scholarship player kinda does put you in the running for Player of the year automatically. They dont give scholarships out to the players who arent very good. So if 1,000 athletes play basketball and 1 or 2 kids are offered D1 or D2 scholarships I think that puts them right at the front of the POY line.

Long Live Coach Depatsy
DepatsyRules

Postby bballmom30 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:18 pm

DepatsyRules wrote:I would think being a scholarship player kinda does put you in the running for Player of the year automatically. They dont give scholarships out to the players who arent very good. So if 1,000 athletes play basketball and 1 or 2 kids are offered D1 or D2 scholarships I think that puts them right at the front of the POY line.

Long Live Coach Depatsy

Maybe the Coaches should pick all conference after playoffs? I see a lot of first and second team choking during playoffs, and the honorable mentions leading the Teams over the top seeded Teams in the playoffs!
bballmom30

Postby DepatsyRules » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:54 am

Selections based on an 18 game schedule generally gets the deserving players recognition. All Tournament Teams and Tournament MVP highlight the players who perform in a few games.
DepatsyRules

Postby DepatsyRules » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:55 am

All Hail Coach DePatsy
DepatsyRules

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur