Athletic Director thread .. keep up on movement and openings

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Athletic Director thread .. keep up on movement and open

Postby WAGM » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:43 am

Maine Principals Association meets with Athletic Directors

CARIBOU Me (WAGM) - The Aroostook League held their fall meeting today in Caribou
Representatives of the Maine Principals Association also attended the meeting to go over changes for the upcoming season and also to answer questions from the Athletic Directors. This is an annual trip north for the MPA representatives as they travel the State to hear concerns and issues that might arise and to answer questions from the Athletic Directors.

(Mike Burnham:"To come to Aroostook County and meet with the folks and hear their concerns. Talk about the changes that have been implemented at the State level that impact the schools up here. I think that kind of communication and that opportunity to be north and hear them and for them to ask us questions is key.

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/Ma ... 50263.html
WAGM

Postby Forecaster » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:07 am

Cheverus names former coach Amy Ashley as its new AD

...Ashley, 33, who previously coached and served as an administrative assistant at Cheverus and was selected from a pool of over 75 applicants from across the country, is very excited to earn the opportunity.

“This is a dream come true,” Ashley said. “It feels like I’m going home. Cheverus is where I started my professional and coaching career.”

Ashley, who played field hockey, basketball and softball at Messalonskee High School, then went on to play field hockey and basketball at Franklin Pierce University, took over the Cheverus field hockey position in 2008 and had immediate success, leading the Stags to the playoffs every year and to the Class A state final in 2010. Ashley also coached girls’ basketball and softball at Cheverus and served as Hoyt’s longtime assistant.

http://www.theforecaster.net/cheverus-n ... ts-new-ad/
Forecaster

Postby PPH » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:40 am

Amy Ashley, who coaches field hockey and softball at Yarmouth, replaces longtime AD Gary Hoyt.

...Ashley, 33, was an assistant to Hoyt at Cheverus from 2006-14, soon after she graduated from Franklin Pierce College. Since 2014, she has served an assistant to Susan Robbins, the Yarmouth athletic director.

“Cheverus is lucky to have her,” said Robbins. “She will be dearly missed here. In addition to being wonderfully organized and an astute assistant, she was a beloved coach who created great bonds with not only her students, but the parents as well.”

Ashley coached field hockey and softball at Yarmouth, winning a Class B softball state championship in 2015. She will continue to coach the Clippers’ field hockey team until Sept. 21, when she begins her new job at Cheverus. Her last game will be Sept. 20 against Cape Elizabeth.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/13/a ... erus-high/
PPH

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:55 am

Slovenski settles in as Noble’s new AD

...A native of Lewiston and a 1986 graduate of Bates College, Slovenski accepted the position as athletic director at Noble High School in August. He replaces Blair Marelli who stepped aside after five years at the post.

Slovenski is living in Wells, near the ocean, with his wife, Trenna, and their three daughters, Sophie, Phoebe and Chloe.

“I can hear (the sea) and see it and I can smell it,” Slovenski said.

Slovenski comes to Noble from Toronto where, as the school’s director of athletics, he helped to turn around Bayview Glen’s athletic programs. A private, co-educational day school for grades 3 to 12, Bayview had won one championship before Slovenski’s arrival in 2005. When he departed after the 2016-17 school year, the Gryphons had won 31.

http://www.fosters.com/sports/20171113/ ... les-new-ad
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur