Fleming moving into the Bangor market

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Fleming moving into the Bangor market

Postby fanfanfan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Shock&Awe. Not commenting on this? Another kid moving from the hills. Thought you'd have some input?
fanfanfan

Postby tjm502 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 am

There are some unfortunate circumstances surrounding this transfer involving a loss of job, etc.. the whole family is or has moved to Bangor. Big loss for OHCHS, but a big gain for Coach Parker and the Bangor team.
tjm502

Postby fromthebench » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 am

Sometimes things are bigger than basketball. Best wishes to Fleming and his family and hope it all works out for them.
fromthebench

Postby TAallday » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Exciting move for the Fleming family. I think Matt will learn a lot from Coach P and will give a lot to the Bangor hs hoops team and community too. In the end, I expect he will join his older brother and become a Black Bear post-high school.

Just a prediction. Also, look for his twin younger twin sisters to have an impact at Bangor hs in the coming years. They are both very good players.
TAallday

Postby maineuncfan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:12 am

Very Exciting for Bangor if it's true that Matt will be attending in the fall but should we read anything into the fact that he didn't play any summer ball with BHS but is playing for Black Bear North? Just putting it out there...
maineuncfan

Postby Coach TW » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Nothing to read into he's playing in front of college coaches.
Coach TW

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:34 am

Family ties, local links prompt well-known basketball family to move to Bangor area

...Both Brian and Gretchen Fleming grew up in the Bangor area, Brian in Hampden where he played basketball at Hampden Academy and Gretchen in Glenburn where she lived until age 12 while her father served as a city planner in Bangor.

The two met while attending the University of Maine and later lived in Winterport until moving to the South Paris area when Brian Fleming took a management job with New Balance Athletics. Inc.

Gretchen Fleming, a teacher, has accepted a position at Fruit Street School in Bangor while her husband is seeking employment in the Bangor area while still working at Jones & Vining, Inc., in Lewiston.

“It just worked out the way it did,” said Gretchen Fleming. “I don’t want this to be that we weren’t happy with Oxford Hills. The Oxford Hills community has been spectacular to my children. My kids had a lot of support from Oxford Hills.

“It was more a desire to be back up in this area.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/08/02/s ... ngor-area/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur