Shot clock please.

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Shot clock please.

Postby Miren » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:25 pm

FANTASTIC to hear Wisconsin will be implementing a shot clock in high school basketball.
Great for the athletes and the game of basketball. Great move by Wisconsin!! All states should adopt! :D
Miren

Re: Shot clock please.

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Miren wrote:FANTASTIC to hear Wisconsin will be implementing a shot clock in high school basketball.
Great for the athletes and the game of basketball. Great move by Wisconsin!! All states should adopt! :D

Miren: I agree. Now near double figure states have the shot clock.

One reason more have not gone on the shot clock wagon is because they lose their right to vote on rule changes by the NFHS (National Federation of High schools).

Another reason is cost. How about boosters clubs buying the shot clock and then have booster club member volunteers run the shot clock for Varsity, JV and freshmen games?

As a former coach and AD I would trade the right to vote on rule changes (every NFHS member) for a shot clock as if the college is going to use the shot clock that is like having the high school baseball pitching distance 55' instead of 60 in high school and college.

The shot clock definitely effects how the game is played. I endorse it as a former high school and college player, coach, official. AD, writer and fan.

Maybe a 35 second clock instead of 30 seconds.
bcbc55

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur