Rick Sinclair heads from JB to Hermon

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Rick Sinclair heads from JB to Hermon

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:11 am

John Bapst AD Rick Sinclair to take same position at Hermon

It's definitely bittersweet," he said Tuesday. "I'm really looking forward to going out to Hermon. The administration out there is great and I'm familiar with the coaches they have on staff, but I have a high regard for John Bapst. The head of the school is a great leader and I've learned a lot from him. I've enjoyed the students and spent a lot of time on sidelines, fields and rinks. I'm proud of the athletic department here and have nothing but the best wishes for their future."

In addition to his administrative duties, Sinclair coached boys basketball at John Bapst and said the job is a tough one to leave.

"One of the hardest parts of the decision is to leave coaching. It's something I've been involved with for a long time, but at this point in my career it's probably time to give that a break. I'd like to think that someday I'll coach again, but who knows?"

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/20 ... -at-hermon
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Rick Sinclair heads from JB to Hermon

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 am

Athletic administrator leaving John Bapst to take Hermon post

...Sinclair also praised what Hermon’s athletic programs have done under Biberstein’s watch, including winning a Class B state championship in softball in 2014.

“Stephanie has been a really good fit,” he said. “We’ve talked and she’s excited about her new opportunity and she’s excited I’m going to be coming over. We’ll work together and keep things in the right direction.”

The biggest change for Sinclair is that he won’t be coaching basketball. Mark Reed is Hermon’s boys basketball coach.

“The most difficult part of the decision is the idea that I won’t be coaching,” Sinclair said. “You have to do what you think is best for you and your family. I look forward to working with the administration there. Hopefully they’re excited to have me.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/06/s ... rmon-post/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur