HA AD Michael Bisson leaving for MPA , Gerry Durgin retirin

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

HA AD Michael Bisson leaving for MPA , Gerry Durgin retirin

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 am

Congrats to both !

Hampden Academy AD Bisson leaving school for MPA job

HAMPDEN - Michael Bisson has seen Hampden Academy grow and become a power in some sports over the course of his five-year tenure, but now he is ready to take what he has learned at the school and help benefit other athletes in the state of Maine.

The Maine Principals' Association announced Thursday morning Bisson would take on a full-time role as an assistant executive director with the organization, replacing the retiring Gerry Durgin. The position will expand with Bisson, as he will work with different interscholastic and athletic committees to ensure Maine students and student-athletes are best served.

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/19 ... or-mpa-job
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: HA AD Michael Bisson leaving for MPA , Gerry Durgin ret

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu May 04, 2017 4:39 am

Hampden athletic administrator accepts MPA post

...The hiring of Bisson to his new post — Durgin worked part-time for the MPA — is part of a modest reshuffling of duties among MPA senior staff. Durost is taking on more of a part-time role as of July 1 in advance of his planned retirement in 2019.

“We’ve been tossing around the number 60 percent,” said the 67-year-old Durost of his future workload. “I’ve got a feeling that depending on the time of year and what is going on that there will be times I’ll be pretty close to full time, but with Gerry leaving and us wanting to replace that position with a full-time position and with me getting near the end of my career it just seemed to make sense to look at how we could use that new person and new position.”

Durost, now in his 17th year as the MPA’s executive director, said he and the three assistant executive directors, Mike Burnham, Holly Couturier and Bisson, will meet this summer to discuss job responsibilities.

“Everything Mike, myself, Holly and Mike do is going to be put on the table and we’ll redistribute responsibilities based on who has the best background in a particular area and some cases where someone might have a great interest and might want to try something they haven’t done before,” he said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/05/03/s ... -mpa-post/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur