hoops 8 all state teams

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

hoops 8 all state teams

Postby wmtwsportsprod » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Here it is...
http://www.wmtw.com/article/hoops-8-all ... ms/9215200

Plenty up for discussion..we go by stats, what we hear from other people we trust, and what we see with our own eyes. Being from Southern Maine, it is possible you could view it as southern maine "bias", thats fine, its all up for debate. I will say personally after top 3 maybe 4....the rest of the players you could interchange, and shouldnt have to say this, but much like our preseason teams...what the person may do in aau does not matter for our teams..
wmtwsportsprod

Re: hoops 8 all state teams

Postby Therealslimshady » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:28 pm

I think Thompson and Fleming both deserve a spot in the top 15.
Therealslimshady

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:38 am

wmtwsportsprod wrote:Here it is...
http://www.wmtw.com/article/hoops-8-all ... ms/9215200

Plenty up for discussion..we go by stats, what we hear from other people we trust, and what we see with our own eyes. Being from Southern Maine, it is possible you could view it as southern maine "bias", thats fine, its all up for debate. I will say personally after top 3 maybe 4....the rest of the players you could interchange, and shouldnt have to say this, but much like our preseason teams...what the person may do in aau does not matter for our teams..

Congrats to all the players recognized ..

wmtw, we appreciate you stating how you formed a list ..
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:40 am

" All-Hoop 8 teams "

1st team
Ruay Bol - South Portland
Jack Casale - Cheverus
Matt McDevitt - Greely
Taylor Shildroth - GSA
Terion Moss - Portland

2nd team
Colin Coyne - Falmouth
Zac Manoogian - Westbrook
Nick Curtis - Windham
David Keohan - Thornton Academy
Jacob Hickey - Winthrop

3rd team
Mason Cooper - Lawrence
Trevor Labonte - York
Jordan Bagshaw - Greely
Aleksander Medenica - Yarmouth
Jarod Norcross Plourde - Edward Little

Honorable mention
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby GOOSIE » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:30 pm

How much better than Griffin Foley is Ruay Bol? Answer? He is not better.
Charlie Lyall, not even mentioned anywhere..must be a mistake, ask opposing coaches if Lyall is any good, they would all put him in their top ten.
GOOSIE

Postby wmtwsportsprod » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:45 pm

GOOSIE wrote:How much better than Griffin Foley is Ruay Bol? Answer? He is not better.
Charlie Lyall, not even mentioned anywhere..must be a mistake, ask opposing coaches if Lyall is any good, they would all put him in their top ten.

I can see your Foley vs. Bol arguement...as i said at the top...i thought 4-25 was all pretty close..you could switch up a lot of them

Your Charlie Lyall point.....i like Lyall, thought he was a very good, maybe under appreciated part of the Portland championship teams.

However, you statement about asking the coaches...if you look at the SMAA all conference and AA north teams...you can see thats not true..

This is no knock against Lyall, i was just showing that the statement you made doesnt appear to be true.

Also if we put 3 Portland players in 10 ten,,,we would probably be more criticized
wmtwsportsprod

Postby husky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:27 am

Obviously stats are not checked very well, the only player in the smaa to average a double, double for the season is not listed on the first three teams. It seems the measure of a good game is a double double, this player averaged it for the season and is the only one to do so, Raffaele Salamone of Deering
husky

Postby fromthebench » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:03 pm

It's a nice list and it keeps all the classes happy. However, it puts great players on top teams at a disadvantage. The gap between AA and the rest was huge this year. These were the best players in Maine. The fact that they had to share the ball with talented teammates and couldn't put up inflated stats shouldn't matter.

Portland
Moss
Foley
Lyall
Fonseca
Hardy

South Portland
Bol
Buckley
Malone
Hasson

TA
Boudreau
Christianson
Koehane

EL
Norcross-Plourde
Iman
Maiwent
Shea

Cheverus
Casale
Mathews

Deering
Salamone
Onek

Greely
McDevitt
Bagshaw
Twitchell

Falmouth
Coyne
Walsh

Windham
Curtis
Gilman

Others of note: Shildroth, Bowe, Manoogian, Medenica, Thompson, Fleming, Hickey, Haggarty, LaBonte

I saw everyone and those were the best players I saw this year. But as I said, it's an advantage to put up big stats and to do so you need weak teammates. Ruay Bol did not average double figures this year.
fromthebench

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur