BDN to unveil 41st All-Maine Schoolboy Team on Sat. April 8

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

BDN to unveil 41st All-Maine Schoolboy Team on Sat. April 8

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 am

Let's see who you all think the top players are ... post them or email tom@mbr.org
5 per team ....

!st team:
2nd team:
3rd team:

Honorable mention:

BDN to unveil 41st All-Maine Schoolboy Team on Saturday April 8

.... The BDN is still narrowing its list of choices for the the 62nd All-Maine Schoolboy Basketball Team, which will be revealed Saturday, April 8.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/28/s ... -saturday/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: BDN to unveil 41st All-Maine Schoolboy Team on Sat. Apri

Postby Therealslimshady » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:29 am

The BDN always does a nice job with these teams, IMO equally representing the entire state and writing some in depth, positive things about the kids.
Therealslimshady

Postby TAallday » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:32 am

I agree. BDN is, in my mind, always the best, most complete, and in depth list out there.
TAallday

Postby HoopScoop2009 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm

I also believe BDN does the best, most comprehensive job with their all-state list. In fact, when I think of all-state players, this would be the list I reference.

As for Tom's question...

Terion Moss, Taylor Schildroth, and Justin Thompson were all 3rd Team selections last year... I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 were 1st team selections this year, with Moss and Schildroth almost certainties for 2 of those spots. It gets really difficult after the first team. Moss, Schildroth, and McDevitt are certainties... then I could see any two of the combination from Casale (SMAA POY), Thompson (Nightly Triple Double Threat), and Hickey (Mr. Basketball Finalist) as the last spots on the 1st team. Probably forgot some guys on Honorable Mention, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

1st: Moss (Portland), Schildroth (GSA), McDevitt (Greely), Casale (Cheverus), Thompson (Schenck)

2nd: Hickey (Winthrop), Keohan (TA), LaBonte (York), Cooper (Lawrence), Coyne (Falmouth)

3rd: Bol (SP), Norcross-Plourde (EL), McIntyre (Hampden), Desisto (Orono), Manoogian (Westbrook)

Honorable: Salamone (Deering), Iman (EL), Harmon (Ellsworth), Allaire (Medomak), Violette (Messo), Mesereau (Machias), Swanson (MDI), Chase (GSA), Boudreau (TA), Medenica (Yarmouth), Deng (Waynflete), Mattson (GSA), Godfrey (Machias), Foley (Portland), Bowe (Cape), Fleming (Oxford), Curtis (Windham)
HoopScoop2009

Postby anonymous12 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:25 pm

First team: Moss, Cooper, McDevitt, Labonte, Casale
Second team: Thompson, Coyne, Hickey, Schildroth, Bol
Third team: Keohan, Manoogian, Boudreau, Mersereau, Ethan James
Honorable: McIntyre, Medenica, John Martin, Griffin Foley, Nolan Hagerty, Jordan Bagshaw, Jake Malcom, Nick Curtis, Matt Fleming, Salamone, Ian Regan, Iman
anonymous12

Postby Therealslimshady » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Here's mine, very close to HoopScoop. I put them in the order also, as BDN orders the 3 teams by top player down to the 15th.

1st: Moss. McDevitt, Schildroth, Casale, Thompson

2nd: Cooper, Hickey , Keohan, Coyne, LaBonte

3rd: Bol, Norcross-Plourde, McIntyre, Desisto, Mersereau

Honorable: Manoogian, Salamone, Iman, Medenica, Harmon, Allaire, Violette, Swanson, Chase, Boudreau, Deng, Mattson, Foley, Bowe, Fleming, Curtis
Therealslimshady

Postby thebam » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:07 am

Why does it take so long for this list to come out? Seriously. Makes no sense to me.
thebam

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:14 am

Great Read !! It was an honor to meet and listen to coach Spurling tell stories several years back.. a story I heard along the way took place at Stearns and coach Wentworth .. ripping his sports coat right off his back ..' love to re-tell that story.. I think it had to do with a change of strategy of press..
help me out old schoolers .. email tom@mbr.org

Basketball memories still resonate with first BDN All-Maine boys team

Whether as a player, coach, educator or parent, basketball has been in Terry Spurling’s blood.

After a stellar playing career at Ellsworth High School that led to coaching jobs in Mars Hill and Houlton, Spurling has now taken joy in watching his grandchildren, Kyle Bouchard and Kolleen Bouchard, build storied hardwood careers of their own.

“I’ve never missed one of Kyle’s games; I’ve never missed one of [Kolleen’s],” said Spurling, the father of Karen Spurling Bouchard, who led Houlton to Class B state championships in 1986 and 1988.

Terry Spurling blazed his own path during his playing career, as he was a member of the Bangor Daily News’ first All-Maine Schoolboy Basketball Team more than six decades ago.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/07/s ... boys-team/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Moss, McDevitt top 62nd BDN All-Maine Schoolboy Basketball T

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:00 am

Moss, McDevitt top 62nd BDN All-Maine Schoolboy Basketball Team

... The 62nd annual Bangor Daily News All-Maine Schoolboy Basketball Team accomplishes both.

Junior guard Terion Moss of Portland, already recognized as the Gatorade Maine Boys Basketball Player of the Year, provides star power at the point while the 2017 Mr. Maine Basketball, 6-foot-7 senior forward Matt McDevitt of Greely of Cumberland Center, brings top-flight versatility to the frontcourt.

Moss and McDevitt are joined on the BDN All-Maine first team by Jack Casale of Cheverus of Portland, Taylor Schildroth of George Stevens Academy of Blue Hill and Ruay Bol of South Portland.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/08/s ... ball-team/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:05 am

SECOND TEAM
Jacob Hickey, Winthrop, Sr., 6-1, G, 23.7 ppg, 5.3 rpt, 4.5 apg, 3.7 spg
Mason Cooper, Lawrence, Sr., 6-2, G: 24.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.5 spg
Justin Thompson, Schenck, Sr., 6-4, G: 28.4 ppg, 14.5 rpg, 7.2 apg, 2.3 spg, 2.1 bpg
Colin Coyne, Falmouth, Sr., G, 5-10, G; 18.4 ppg, 5.1 apg, 3.1 spg
Matthew Fleming, Oxford Hills, Soph., 6-5, F: 19.2 ppg, 9.8 rpg

THIRD TEAM
Ian McIntyre, Hampden Acad., Jr., 6-5, C: 18.1 ppg, 10.8 rpg
Jarod Norcross Plourde, Edward Little, Sr., 6-2, G: 15.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 2.1 apg
Cameron Allaire, Medomak Valley, Sr., 6-7, C: 17.8 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.8 blocks per game
Austin Boudreau, Thornton Acad., Sr., 6-3, G: 16.0 ppg, 5.2 apg, 1.9 spg
Nate Desisto, Orono, Sr., 6-2, G: 19.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.7 spg

Honorable mention:
Jordan Bagshaw (Greely)...

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/08/s ... tion-list/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur