ZEBRA OF THE YEAR???

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: ZEBRA OF THE YEAR???

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:22 pm

refrider wrote:! point game after 3 periods. Second horn sounds with both teams still in huddle. Horn sound ends, Shawn puts ball down. Check off Webb's box on that one. Girl runs to far side of court. Grabs ball and throws it into the air. After ball leaves girls hands and well before 5 seconds has elapsed, Shawn blows whistle and calls five seconds. OK Bad call move on, 13 seconds left in game still a 1 point game. ball is about to be awarded to same team that he already harmed. Opposing coach runs up past the half court line to call time out. Shawn turns around and calmly calls time out. This was a huge advantage to give that coach as it took him running 20 feet out of his coaching box to get the TO. It also allowed the team a chance to set up their defense. In my humble opinion as someone who has been involved on both sides of the coin, Officiating and coaching, the Shead coach should have, by the same rules as Shawn used to put the ball down, been assessed a technical foul for leaving the box. Why in the world would we say I don't want to ruin the game in that situation but have no problem ruining the game in the other situation? BTW You are still misinterpreting my comments on the county. Officiating sucks in the county but it is worse down east!

refrider:OK great explanation.

Shawn makes to fast a 5 second count and makes call after ball left throwin's hands. Mistake.

Any of the three officials can call a technical and should if the coach is so far out of the coaches box asking for TIME OUT even if Shawn granted the timeout.

Technical and then grant the time out, only one third Shawn's fault in this situation.

Still don't think that situation deserves his being awarded the award.

I think reffan may have wanted to get that award out of Western Maine area.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I will agree with your opinion of County over Downeast officiating.

Downeast Board has very few officials is one of the reasons they are poorer then the County whistleblowers.

Shawn is still the best official of the past Zebra of the years winners.
bcbc55

Postby reffan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 am

Hey Cim....

Reffan feeling's are hurt......the ZEBRA OF THE YEAR Award is the biggest award of the year!!!

Ayoob still brags about it! Ayoob (15 state games), Johnson (at least 3 state games in a row), and Coffin has done numerous state games and he is also a winner at Westminster!

Kimball should be proud of this award! And when he gets his shirt he should wear it with pride!

and think about this Cim......Kimball was a "no name" in Western Maine before refrider called him out......he is now a "house" hold name!

And reffan does not vote....so don't blame the reffan......he just counts the votes! to be honest reffan was really pulling for Clemenza to win back to back awards!
reffan

Postby downeastcoach11 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 am

Glad to see credit being given where it's deserved. Glad to see kimball has gotten the zebra of the year. Take a look back at the SA/Shead game and you tell me the 5 second call, coach running onto the floor for the timeout, and some travel calls weren't the best you've seen...........
downeastcoach11

Postby shirefire2 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:18 pm

I AGREE REFFAN

A LOT OF ZEBRAS HAD BAD GAMES IN THE PLAYOFFS

ZEBRAS NEED TRAINING

HERE IS ONE TIP

DONT FAVOR A TEAM
shirefire2

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur