Class C: State Tourney Thread

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Class C: State Tourney Thread

Postby Narrfan19 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Tom Nolette wrote:Prelims / tourney games

PRELIMS;
C North:
#8 Woodland vs #9 Fort Kent
#7 Piscataquis Community vs #10 Bucksport
#6 Schenck vs #11 Sumner
#5 Dexter vs #12 Narraguagus

Here's my picks
#8 Woodland vs #9 Fort-Kent theses two split on the season with Woodland winning at Fort-Kent by 5 60-55 and Fort-Kent wining at Woodland by 1 52-51,with that being said this will be a toss up.im saying Woodland wins this one by 3+ Woodland 57 Fort-Kent 53

#7 PCHS vs # 10 Bucksport I'm taking PCHS by 8+ PCHS 63 Bucksport 54

#6 Schenck vs #11 Sumner Schenck by 14+ Schenck 68 Sumner 51

#5 Dexter vs #12 Narraguagus going with a upset in this one Narraguagus 56 Dexter 54
Narrfan19

Postby mario_spaghettio » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:27 pm

3baller wrote:I hate to say it but, if GSA stays healthy throughout the tourney... everyone else is playing for 2nd place!
GSA is my pick as well but I think Winthrop has a reasonable chance. One thing to consider is that GSA has only played 2 teams with a winning record, 10-8 Searsport and 14-4 Lee who played them close the 2nd rime around.
mario_spaghettio

Postby Class C Dad » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Winthrop is heavily favored to come out of the south but I do think they are beatable. If they face GSA they should be competitive. They have the size to contain Matteson and Hickey is one of the best pure shooters in the state. The problem for Winthrop is guarding Shildroth. Winthrop coach likes to play man but I don't think they have anyone who can guard Shildroth. They will need to mix up defenses to keep GSA of balance and hope that Shildroth has an off night shooting. If you press Shildroth all night and force him to work hard for 32 minutes his legs may weaken just enough to miss a few shoots down the stretch and give Winthrop a chance to win a close game
Class C Dad

Postby KnightsFan18 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Prelim Predictions

#12 Narraguagus 56 @ #5 Dexter 71
#11 Sumner Mem. 50 @ #6 Schenck 82
#10 Bucksport 64 @ #7 PCHS 67
#9 Fort Kent 61 @ #8 Woodland 63
KnightsFan18

Postby mario_spaghettio » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Great analysis Class C Dad
mario_spaghettio

Postby Nctarheels » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:06 pm

I see GSA winning gold again this year. For starters they have to contain Shildroth,then Matteson and after those to they have to very good players in Chasse and Slayton. As for stopping Hickey I think you will see them run Chasse,Slayton or Matteson. All three are looking long,quick and athletic and can cause problems for Hickey. That is my reason for picking GSA and I do believe they are the favorites for next year as they will lose two starters(Chasse and slayton) but still have Shildroth and Matteson. I think they can win three in a row. No I am not a homer. Just familiar with all these good kids ( on and off the court).
Nctarheels

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:20 am

SJ Class C South Boys' Preview: Ramblers have parts to go the distance

Players to watch: Sr. G Jacob Hickey, Winthrop; Sr. F Garrett Tsouprake, Winthrop; Sr. C Matt Holt, Richmond; Jr. G Zach Small, Richmond; Sr. F Mitchell Jarvais, Madison; Sr. G Haven Cutko, North Yarmouth Academy; Sr. F Jake Malcom, NYA; Soph. G Alec Byron, Hall-Dale; Jr. G Kyle Ames, Boothbay; Sr. F Yai Deng, Waynflete; Sr. G Barrett Grant, Searsport; Sr. C Ethan James, Wiscasset; Jr. G Ian Regan, Old Orchard Beach; Sr. F Tanner Wheeler, Telstar; Jr. F Cooper Chiasson, Dirigo.

Favorite: Winthrop

The Ramblers rolled through the Mountain Valley Conference to an 18-0 record, winning by an average of 19.8 points per game. Only Hall-Dale finished within single digits when the final horn sounded (55-51 in the season finale).

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ce/2077160
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:36 am

PRELIIM: Hall-Dale boys basketball shoots down Dirigo
Boyer provides spark off the bench, and the Bulldogs finish with 5 in double-figures.

... “Me coming off the bench gives us other scoring opportunities,” Boyer said. “It’s just playing with pride, I guess. When we get it going, we get it going and we don’t stop.”

Boyer, a junior, was a crucial component in a 17-3 Hall-Dale run to close out the first quarter.

“There’s no shortage of guys who like to shoot the basketball for us,” Hall-Dale coach Chris Ranslow said. “Jett’s a good player. I think on a lot of teams, he’d be the starter and he’d be the focal point. He’d get himself 25 shots a night (elsewhere), but he really leads us in our balanced attack.”

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/02/16/ ... wn-dirigo/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 am

PREVIEW: Road to Class C North title goes through George Stevens Academy

... GSA is fortunate to have one of the top players in the state in junior guard Taylor Schildroth, who has a 61-point game to his credit this season and is averaging well over 20 points per game.

GSA also features a pair of double-double machines in 6-foot-6 junior Max Mattson and 6-3 senior Jarrod Chase, the latter of whom can play just about anywhere on the court.

“He can play inside and outside, take you off the dribble,” Carter said of Chase. “He’s a tough matchup.”

Senior guard Beckett Slayton and junior forward Stefan Simmons have also been productive for GSA, as have freshman Caden Mattson — Max’s brother — sophomore Reece Dannenberg and sophomore Percy Zentz.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/02/18/s ... s-academy/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:27 am

Mon. 2/20 schedule /scores....

Class C South Quarter – Finals

4:00pm C Boys #3 Madison 63 vs #6 Boothbay 41
5:30pm C Boys #2 Richmond 52 vs #7 Waynflete 57