Nik Caner-Medley: signing a 2-year guaranteed deal

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Nik Caner-Medley: signing a 2-year guaranteed deal

Postby idroptreys23 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:34 pm

MBR Note June 10, 2017: We merged a few topics from years past to give a glimpse into Nik's path over the past years !! . latest news on last page of this thread

So, for those of you who aren't aware, Nik Caner-Medley is currently playing for the LA Clippers summer league team in Las Vegas. The Clippers beat the Lakers 93 to 82 behind Blake Griffin's 27 and 12. Medley played 28 minutes with 12 and 11.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/gam ... 1520900016
idroptreys23

Re: Caner-Medley with a nice start to his summer league.

Postby PHSZShirland60 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:51 pm

He's averaging around 10 points, 4 rebounds a game this summer. Now, imagine if Griffin wasn't sharing floor time with him. He'd be up to 17 points, 8 rebounds a game, without a doubt in my mind.

This Comment is SHIRLAND APPROVED

478 Posts on Yuku: MBR
'YOU ARE THE FUTURE' MBR FOUNDER - TOM NOLETTE
MidCoast Falcons #60
PHSZShirland60

Postby swedishfish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:07 am

Blake Griffin is going to be out for the rest of summer league with a shoulder strain. I don't mean to sound excited about the injury of a player however, this should give Nik a chance to show what he can do and maybe make the team
Don't let winning make you soft

http://twitter.com/#!/JCQuentin
swedishfish

Postby Retroballer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:30 pm

swedishfish wrote:Blake Griffin is going to be out for the rest of summer league with a shoulder strain. I don't mean to sound excited about the injury of a player however, this should give Nik a chance to show what he can do and maybe make the team

the summer league ended 4 days agoImageImage
Retroballer

Postby swedishfish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Retroballer wrote:
swedishfish wrote:Blake Griffin is going to be out for the rest of summer league with a shoulder strain. I don't mean to sound excited about the injury of a player however, this should give Nik a chance to show what he can do and maybe make the team

Tell that to ESPN. This morning on SportsCenter they said that he would miss their 3 remaining summer league games. Maybe the rest of their games are just exhibition games they put together themselves or something. Either way, this will give Nik a chance to be seen more
Don't let winning make you soft

http://twitter.com/#!/JCQuentin
swedishfish

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 pm

swedishfish wrote:
Retroballer wrote:

Tell that to ESPN. This morning on SportsCenter they said that he would miss their 3 remaining summer league games. Maybe the rest of their games are just exhibition games they put together themselves or something. Either way, this will give Nik a chance to be seen more

swedishfish: Just like this week and next week is so important for the elite Maine high school basketball players at the national showcase and ASAU Tournaments in Orlando. The opportunities and chances to be seen more, the better the chance to make it big time be it in D1 or the NBA for Nik.......Good Luck to all as they show their basketball desire, hard work, work ethic, talents and skills.
bcbc55

Postby celtics721 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 pm

its nice to see that medley is doing well. hope he makes a roster spot
celtics721

Postby SeaDogsFan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:59 pm

As do I... Imagine not being good enough for the Clippers O_O

*zing*
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Postby PHSZShirland60 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Ahhh. The Clippers curse strikes yet again with Blake Griffin.
I twittered him. I told him to run to Europe as fast as he could.
Didn't listen...

This Comment is SHIRLAND APPROVED

478 Posts on Yuku: MBR
'YOU ARE THE FUTURE' MBR FOUNDER - TOM NOLETTE
MidCoast Falcons #60
PHSZShirland60

Caner-Medley Showing his stuff

Postby xavier » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 pm

Nik has latched on the the Clippers in the NBA summer league. In his first game, against Washington (and #1 pick John Wall) he led the Clippers last night with 17 points in about 28 minutes.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/games/20100712/WASLAC/gameinfo.html
xavier

Next

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur