Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

Postby Speed » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 am

Celtics looking at three BIGs

Greg Monroe...Bucks via trade...26...6-11, 265....15.3 PPG....8.7 RPG
Al Horoford....Hawks via free agency...30...6-10, 245....15.2 PPG....7.3 RPG
Dwight Howard...via free agency...30...6-11...265....13.7 PPG...11.8 RPG

All three would be huge upgrades....of the three I like Monroe best because of age...he is very under rated....the advantage of Horoford is he will only cost you money not players....Monroe, whom I prefer, will cost human capital

Howard I think is on downside though 11.8 RPG is great for 30 years old....

All big upgrades at position....

Actual guy I would love them to get is Hassan Whiteside of Miami.....perfect for Celtics style of play....best rim protector in game....26.....7-0, 265.....14.2 PPG....11.8 RPG.....best shot blocker in game ....believe he is free agent

What do you think?
Speed

Postby Speed » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:08 am

Other than Durant there is no free agent I would covet more than Whiteside.....very intriguing...I think he changes your team.....best paint defender and safety net in game....he changes everything....
Speed

Postby pryor15 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:35 am

I can't think of a FA I'd want less than Dwight Howard.

One bad game and the Boston media would eat him alive. He'd be worthless by mid-season.
pryor15

Postby driveandive » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/24/12028372/i-went-to-school-with-jaylen-brown-here-is-why-he-is-different

Shooting can be taught. Work ethic cannot. Basketball IQ cannot. Heart cannot. Ridiculous chase down blocks and facial dunks cannot. Elite, Lebron-like transition-finishing abilities cannot. If you’re telling me that you don’t like Jaylen because you think he will be a bust due to the fact he can’t shoot or is turnover prone, you’re hugely misinformed. Jaylen doesn’t care much about ego or spotlight (he went to UC BERKELEY for BALL), he wants to WIN. And I’ve seen it all year long, he will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to win. He has his shortcomings: he didn’t come up clutch in the last few games, and he too often made the same offensive mistakes driving into a zone defense and either throwing up a bad shot or turning it over. He’s 19, and Brad Stevens is the coach.
driveandive

Postby Patsfan07 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:26 am

Whiteside would be my choice, but there will be lots of interested teams with him. Monroe would be my 2nd option......and NO WAY would I consider Howard.
Patsfan07

Postby LesMillsRockstar » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Whiteside or Horford. Either way, Ainge just needs to make some sort of move to prove he's serious about Banner 18
LesMillsRockstar

Postby Patsfan07 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:02 pm

LesMillsRockstar wrote:Whiteside or Horford. Either way, Ainge just needs to make some sort of move to prove he's serious about Banner 18

No one should be talking about Banner 18 unless Durant signs with the Cs. The goal next year should be to win a 1st round series.

Any thoughts about a trade for Cousins ? I hated the idea a year ago, but the options for Ainge may be drying up.
Patsfan07

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:45 am

I was anti Cousins in past, but he's more attractive then many now..

no way or Howard or Horford ..

Monroe and Wayside more in line with uptempo , shot blocker types ..

This new free cap money is going to make this an odd year..

NBA free agency just hours away and all eyes are on Durant

All this comes with a backdrop of an enormous jump in the salary cap, going from $70 million this past season to likely somewhere close to $95 million when the league announces the actual number early next week

Whiteside shrieked earlier this week in Miami, when he talked about the looming decision that will take him from someone who made just under $1 million this past season — pocket change by NBA standards — to quite probably more than $20 million in each of the next four seasons. “I’m excited, man. C’mon, man. Free agency time.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/w ... story.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:07 am

Ranking the Celtics’ free-agent targets
Kevin Durant is priority No. 1 for the Celtics this offseason.

1. Kevin Durant (Unrestricted free agent. Age: 27)
2. Al Horford (Unrestricted free agent. Age: 30)
3. Hassan Whiteside (Unrestricted free agent. Age: 26)
4. Marvin Williams (Unrestricted free agent. Age: 29)
5. Jared Dudley (Unrestricted free agent. Age: 30)
6. Mirza Teletovic (Unrestricted free agent. Age: 31)
7. Dwight Howard (Unrestricted free agent. Age: 30)

http://www.boston.com/sports/boston-cel ... nt-targets
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:30 am

Lakers like my guy .... smart move imo .. but hey, everyone likes long and athletic in the paint. buck the trend ..

Grading The Deal: Lakers Move Early With $64M Deal For Timofey Mozgov

Timofey Mozgov is the rare free agent that would have benefited by being on the open market a season ago when he was the Cleveland Cavaliers’ invaluable center in the playoffs and before his offseason surgery plagued him all of 15-16. But Mozgov did extremely well in free agency, certainly far better than expected, by quickly signing a four-year, $64 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers as the first move by any team in free agency. A salary starting at just under $15 million per season for Mozgov is the equivalent of about $11.2 million under the previous salary cap. maybe cel

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/2 ... fey-Mozgov
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur