Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

Postby wings » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:41 pm

hoops88 wrote:
Therealslimshady wrote:SPEED is toast, or he should be. He runs his yap and then when is is proven wrong he disappears. I have seen it time and time again. Ainge is THE MAN.

Um, what is a sports forum without dudes who think they know everything about what they spout off about?

...and in the lil tike-toddler Class B state championship, the 3 year-olds from the Berwick’s ran the, the fullback belly 8 consecutive times versus Skowhegan’s 5 year-olds...certainly refreshing to see the youngsters from York County didn’t feel it necessary to match the regular season point spread against their Somerset County counterparts...

Speed’s been a main character on MBR for the longest time, Speed’s brought knowledge and insight, spice and color to MBR. But, but, Skowhegan did not deserve what they got late in the state game, Speed.
wings

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:17 am

Ainge did a great job putting this squad together, but the injury bug has crushed the ceiling for this year ..

Can Celtics get past Mil. in 1st round ? Can they get on a run and win a few series with this current group. Have Tatum, Brown and Rozier evolved enough to make up for losses ..?

If any rookie can handle playoff pressure, it's Jayson Tatum
Video is a look back at 2017-18 season
http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics ... yson-tatum
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby hoops88 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:19 am

Have to admit, I haven't watched much NBA basketball lately. I watched last night's game and man, what a trash show. The Bucks for all their athleticism, basically just give the ball to someone, and that guy basically goes into a 1 on 1 contest with whoever is guarding him. A series of cross-overs, head-fakes and then basically shoves to drive to the hoop and then throw up a brick or kick it out to someone waiting to take a 3-pointer. Meanwhile everyone else is away from the basket just standing around. No cuts, no crashing in looking for a last minute dish or potential offensive board.

The Celtics were only marginally better. I saw better ball movement, so there was an attempt to be a team I guess.

I enjoy the college game much better, but it used to be because the kids always seemed to care more about winning.
hoops88

Postby hoops88 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:07 am

Just to update. The Celtics play has vastly improved since that game I watched. Much more team oriented. Looking for the open guys, not afraid to get it down low. If nothing is there for Big Al, he will kick it back out. Nice unselfish play.

Loving Rozier's rise. I remember him in Portland.
hoops88

Postby wings » Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 am

hoops88 wrote:Just to update. The Celtics play has vastly improved since that game I watched. Much more team oriented. Looking for the open guys, not afraid to get it down low. If nothing is there for Big Al, he will kick it back out. Nice unselfish play.

Loving Rozier's rise. I remember him in Portland.

And how ‘bout Jayson Tatum? All the talk was Fultz out Washington in ‘17 Draft...Sixers trade, Ainge picks Tatum and 4 consecutive 20+ games. Remember too, Ainge was hammered for the Jaylen Brown pick out of Cal. Masterfully, Ainge has put together a roster full of All Ins. Wonder, how many NBA teams could lose the likes of Hayward and Irving and still play a high-level of b-ball? Probably not many...
wings

Postby bcbc55 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Ainge's best move was hiring a college coach who didn't have the best athletic talent, yet got to the The NCAA's March Madnesses Big Dance final four back-to-back seasons and to their finals once. BRAD STEVENS HAS TO BE THE BEST COACH IN THE NBA.
bcbc55

Postby lovethegame » Sat May 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Coach Cim, Butler went to the championship in back-to-back years. They lost to Duke in 2010 and UConn in 2011.
lovethegame

Postby bcbc55 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:37 pm

lovethegame wrote:Coach Cim, Butler went to the championship in back-to-back years. They lost to Duke in 2010 and UConn in 2011.

"lovethegame": Thanks for adding that back-to-back championship games. At my age I need all the help I can get.
bcbc55

Postby wings » Mon May 14, 2018 6:12 am

Patsfan07 wrote:Speedo's hatred of Ainge is close to Cim's and Draymond Green. It was just 2 years ago when Speedo went off on Ainge for passing on Vonleh and taking Smart. :lol: I believe all this hatred comes from Ainge not being friendly to Speedo at some lame AAU event. And who really knows what was being offered in those trade rumors......let's see how it plays out but I think Smart over Vonleh was a good decision. ;)

Think your right Patsfan, ‘smart’ move...Smart over Vonleh. Love Smart posting up late yesterday then a sweet bank shot to quell a Cavs run. Brown “the brick layer” with 18 points in 1sr half?

This thread is as interesting a read as any on MBR, maybe all-time....
wings

Postby bcbc55 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:07 pm

wings wrote:
Patsfan07 wrote:Speedo's hatred of Ainge is close to Cim's and Draymond Green. It was just 2 years ago when Speedo went off on Ainge for passing on Vonleh and taking Smart. :lol: I believe all this hatred comes from Ainge not being friendly to Speedo at some lame AAU event. And who really knows what was being offered in those trade rumors......let's see how it plays out but I think Smart over Vonleh was a good decision. ;)

Think your right Patsfan, ‘smart’ move...Smart over Vonleh. Love Smart posting up late yesterday then a sweet bank shot to quell a Cavs run. Brown “the brick layer” with 18 points in 1sr half?

This thread is as interesting a read as any on MBR, maybe all-time....

"Patsfan07": Don't hate Draymond Green just don't like what he does along with not liking that their coach, his teammates and the organization condone it.

Don't like it enough so that I do not root for them regardless of who they are playing.

NBA should or could easily be known as the (Not Basketball Anymore or Nothing But Attention League) for many of the players.

Poor role models for the youth of America that watch the NBA.

"Wings": Great line about "Smart Move". Yes. SMART move of Ainge to hire Brad Stevens.

Question: Do either of you think that the Celtics or the Spurs would put up with the negative actions and behavior of Draymond Green?
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur