Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

Postby ExpoEddie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:06 pm

Talented GM's will do deals with anyone they think has players that will help their respective teams win. Their personal feelings are set aside. I doubt there is less than five GM's that would engage with Joe Hoops. Austin Ainge was just the opposite. Talked to the high schools coaching staffs when Red Claws practices ended and would often stay and pass comments on to Joe Russo and his staff. We did a fund raiser after a Jan Veinot practice. Pay $20 and we had the Expo for two hours. Austin and one of his assistants joined the pick-up games. Both had lots of games, but more importantly fit right in and chatted it up after the games ended. Austin must have taken after his mom.
ExpoEddie

Postby augie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Patsfan07 wrote:The Speedo hatred of Ainge has nothing to do with hoops......it's all because Ainge was supposedly rude to him at an AAU event. Good lord, let it go.

That's how Speed rolls with everything on MBR. Parents, players, etc give him the time of day you bet your a$$ a shacksperian positive quote is forth coming.

With that said, happy to see Speed posting again.
augie

Postby Speed » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:59 am

Celtics should put all their eggs in Gordon Hayward meeting this Sunday....and pass on trade for Paul George.

Addition of 6-8, 226 Hayward and his 22 ppg and 6 RBG plus Jayson Tatum, rookie 6-8 shooter from Duke, will make Boston a far batter team next year. Hayward is only 27 and Tatum 19 so they have long futures in Boston. C's will be better with these two guys ....likely won't beat Cleveland , but will take them to 7 games.

Forget about trading for George....it will cost Bradley and Crowder and 2 draft picks...I am convinced George will just be a 1 year rental and in following year will hit free agency and head to LA Lakers....plus Celtics depth will be incredible if they don't give up Bradley and Crowder....and the 2 first round picks it will cost are gold.

Keep in mind the Celtics have 3 first round picks next year, probably 2 in the first 5 ( Philly 1-3 swap pick and last Brooklyn pick ) plus their own pick....and next year's draft is loaded with primo bigs opposite of this year's and Celtics area of greatest need...

C's will be better next year with Hayward and Tatum but they should be patient ...keep their core and picks and really aim for year after next....when Lebron and Golden State are 2 years older and Boston is peaking as a power....armed with additions Hayward, Tatum and two prime top 5 draft bigs ....one of which could be Michael Porter...

This is my latest thinking....upon further reflection I definitely avoid temptation and pass on George...
Speed

Postby Patsfan07 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:25 am

Nice summary Speedo....I agree with most of it. The multi-player and draft choices rumored trade for George is only if he signs an extension....and if he does, then they'll need to dump salaries. Bradley will leave via free agency after next season anyway and J Brown will be eating into Crowder's minutes....I expect a big things from Brown next season.

If Hayward does sign with the Cs, it won't take long for the media to start up the Boston racist propaganda again.
:(
Patsfan07

Postby Speed » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:56 am

Agree on your points, Pats....

17/18
Starters:
Isaiah
Horford
Bradley
Crowder/ Brown
Hayward

Bench:
Smart
Crowder/ Brown
Tatum
Rozier
The two foreign " draft n stash guys": Big Z and Frenchy who played for Red Claws
SMU Rookie draft pick

This team has versatile depth and best coach other than " Pop "

Then Boston gets 3 first round picks in 2018....2 probably in first 5....and in draft class loaded with primo athletic BIGS including Michael Porter....they must keep picks...if they get 2 prime BIGS at 19 years of age with current young core they will be set for years....keep in mind Hayward just 27....

Selling Hayward on Sunday is key to everything....Ainge and team must be totally prepared and convincing ....make the case and close the deal....
Speed

Postby Patsfan07 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:15 pm

They really lack size at this point....all their bigs last season were mediocre at best (other than Horford). I'd be surprised if the 2 "draft and stash" guys get any meaningful minutes next season.....I see them playing more for the Red Claws and get their feet wet to the American game. Today's game is for the 6' to 6' 8" players but the Cs lack strong rebounders in that group. P George would help immensely and is the wildcard at this point.
Patsfan07

Postby Speed » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Celtics have to live with quality small ball next year....good shooting, ball and player movement which is Stevens' trade mark....

George is 24 ppg and 6 boards type guy....though 6-9 he is hardly the rim protecting rebounding BIG C's need....but by all means get him if you can get extension on contract ....

More likely just be patient ( one of Ainge's best qualities )....sometimes the best deal is to do no deal...next year's draft is loaded with quality BIGs.....and Cs will probably have 2 top 5 picks....
Speed

Postby ExpoEddie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:11 pm

WEEI folks saying the Crowder & Bradley are gone with George due to cap space they have to clear. What I have been surprised is that keeping Olynk coming off the bench. Inconsistent, but had multiple strong performances off the bench.
ExpoEddie

Postby Luke3 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:58 am

I couldn't agree more

Luke3

Postby Speed » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 am

Olynk gives you great court spacing and shooting for a BiG but is ponderously slow and unathletic for NBA....Ainge will and should let him walk to create cap space....Zeller is gone....so too Amir Johnson....many others....it's a new day....time to move on...mediocre BIGs are gonzo.....all of them....Celtics restock with quality guys in next year's draft which is know for having a ton of quality BIGs....
Speed

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur