Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

Postby Speed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Ainge is like a rube going to Cross Jewelers to buy a diamond ring with Canadian money and doesn't understand the exchange rate....

There is total miscommunication between Ainge and the rest of NBA.....
Speed

Postby roll tide » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Easy Speed. Think blood pressure, heart rate, age! You have yourself pretty worked up. I don't want this to turn into a catastrophe! We still have free agency, but I agree we may have given away some bargaining chips.
roll tide

Postby wmtwsportsprod » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Go back and look at what Draft experts said about Jimmy Butler back when he was drafted and you will see it is very similar to Jaylen Brown...and Butler was older when he came out, Brown is only 19.

I am not saying i think its a good pick or not at this moment, time will tell, while i would have like to see Hield or Murray, Boston is in desperate needs of forwards not guards.

As far as trades its tough to actually know what is true...and the face that Butler hears the Bulls were looking to trade him, may work in other teams favor, because he will know that and may want out (i know he is under contract, but we all know how it works)

I wanted no part of the rumored Noel trade, and Okafor was intriguing but i would like to know for sure what the Celtics would have given up....and unless things change a lot with 2 big free agent signings, they are not winning the east anyway with Lebron in the way....

Plus they have nets first round pick in 2017 and 2018 and now the Clippers 1st round pick in 2019 unless the Clippers fall in the tank, i beleive its lottery protected, then it would be pushed back to 2020..

Ainge isnt perfect, but he did win one title and could have had two or three, if not for some bad luck...
wmtwsportsprod

Postby Patsfan07 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:57 pm

So what was the Butler trade rumor.....I heard #3 pick, Brooklyn's pick next year and a player...Crowder or Bradley...a little too rich for me. I actually like the 2nd round picks, Jackson and Bentil.....both have a shot at making it. I simply don't know much about Brown....never saw him play. But I was surprised no trade was made.....no way the Cs can win with their bigs today. Let's see what happens after free agency....and I don't expect Durant to walk thru that door !
Patsfan07

Postby Speed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 pm

As presently constructed the best Cs can do is pick up some roll playing rotation guy types in free agency....they simply don't have the talent, cache, or chips to attract a real difference maker....trade possibilities for real talent are nil for same reason as Ainge learned the hard way over the last 48 hours....

Cs will stay a 48-34 team...maybe 49-33....and that only because of Stevens....another quick exit next year.....no shooting and no guys who can defend paint will continue to hold them back....
Speed

Postby lovethegame » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Speed wrote:If there is any salvation or redemption of last night's horror show it will be because of the brilliance of Stevens....it will have nothing to do with Ainge....

Here's what I think, and what I see from the last two years and the way the team is being constructed. How does anybody know what Ainge is "trying" to do? The way that Stevens had to run the team, maybe he suggested to Ainge that he would like some more guards/forwards for the style of ball he would like to play. Yes, they do need a few big guys to protect the basket and to run an offense through when the ball is sent into the post. However, look at how the league is slowly changing. The teams are getting smaller and the big guys are going by the way side. Teams are starting to copy the Warriors and Spurs style of play with 3 or 4 guards and only one or two forwards or "bigs." The game is becoming more uptempo due to the athleticism. The majority of shots being taken in games now are forced shots in the paint, threes, and rushed pull-up jumpers. Stevens is trying to incorporate a team-style offense with guys that will bust their butts on the defensive end, and in order to do that he needs the pieces that will fit together and do all of the little intangibles.

I think Patsfan07 is right when he says, "don't expect Durant to walk thru that door!" In my opinion, not only could they not get Durant to Boston, I don't think he would fit in with what the Celtics have been doing the past two years. You don't throw a major all star into a team like Boston and expect to see great things right away. Boston won't get any huge names by themselves unless they can get two or three to play together. That's the big thing right now, a "big three." First it was Pierce, Garnett, and Allen, then it was Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, then it was Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, then Curry, Thompson, and Green, and this year it was Lebron, Irving, and Love. One star at Boston isn't going to work. I could possibly see Love going to Boston if Ainge could get a couple more pieces together, but at this point, I don't know who would want Love with the way he tanked in the playoffs.

I think Durant will either go to the Lakers, the Raptors, or stay in OKC. If he stays, they need to do something with him and Westbrook because it just isn't working. I could see them keeping Durant and trading Westbrook, but that's not important right now. Just don't see Durant coming to Boston, even for a max contract.

All in all, Ainge is probably looking at building up the roster with enough pieces that will hold enough trade value and start trading off chunks at a time in order to get bigger name players. I could see him doing package deals and trading off two or three players plus either some cash or second or third round draft picks just to get one player. Lets face it, Boston has a bunch of guards and tweeners, where other teams have a lot of bigs and forwards, but not guards. So Ainge has probably been biding his time and waiting for the right moment where someone will let their guard down and make a weird trade with him so he can get what the team needs. Until then, Stevens will do what he's good at, and that's taking mediocre talent, building it up, and getting them to play great basketball in tough situations. Somebody is going to step up and do something.

As the game changes, so does the way the teams are managed. Everybody always looks at this year, this year, this year. Pretty sure Ainge is accepting the fact that they're not going to be a stellar team over the next two or three years and is putting his pieces in play for a few years down the road. So when it comes to the way some people think like Speed and other die hard Celtics fans, they just need to realize that in order to make an omelette you need to break a few eggs. Well, Ainge is saving up his eggs and will eventually break a bunch of them at once here and there.

No worries. It will get there. Think long term.
lovethegame

Postby Speed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:07 pm

I have heard it before...blah...blah...blah.....
Speed

Postby lovethegame » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Sit back and relax. It's a process. If you don't like it, don't watch. ;)
lovethegame

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Patsfan07 wrote:Speedo's hatred of Ainge is close to Cim's and Draymond Green. It was just 2 years ago when Speedo went off on Ainge for passing on Vonleh and taking Smart. :lol: I believe all this hatred comes from Ainge not being friendly to Speedo at some lame AAU event. And who really knows what was being offered in those trade rumors......let's see how it plays out but I think Smart over Vonleh was a good decision. ;)

PF7: I don't hate Green, I just don't like some of the things he does on the court.
bcbc55

Postby Archer Bunker » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:30 pm

Danny Ainge is a GENIUS! Red Red Auerbach would be proud. C's will be contenders next season. Speedo you ripped Ainge a new one at last years draft and you are totally wrong. You have no clue what goes on behind the scenes. You just hate Ainge for whatever reason. The Celt's are well on their way to being Championship contenders again and it could be as early as next season. Just wait and see how this all plays out. It's just to bad Johnny Most is no longer around to bring us the games that we will finally enjoy again. The Celt's will have a new banner to hang with in the next three years.

AB
Archer Bunker

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur