AAU States

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

AAU States

Postby mbr2 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Congratulations to Maine Liberty inm beating MBR in the semi-finals. Your players played with a lot of heart and intensity. Good luck at the nationals and less hope all the Maine teams have success there.
mbr2

Re: AAU States

Postby mbr2 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Congratulations to the 15/16/17 mbnation teams for winning the state championships.
mbr2

Postby The WIZ » Sun May 11, 2008 8:31 pm

A great day of Hoops at Howard Sports. Congrats to the MB Nation teams on winning the three AAU state Championship games today.

In the 15U division final it was MB Nation Blue over MB Nation White 73-67.
In the 16U division final it was MB Nation over the Gym Ratz 56-52.
In the 17U division final it was MB Nation over Maine Liberty 55-50.

Congrats to all the teams that played today, they all played hard and left it on the floor.
Also thanks to Lenny, Woody and Liz for their kind hospitality and a well run tournament.

The WIZ
The WIZ

Postby PWRFWD » Mon May 12, 2008 9:23 am

WIZ I know you where at the games all day, but I do not see any recap. This is not like you. Looking forward to your outlook of the games. It seems all the games where close, someone must have stood out in the games.
PWRFWD

Postby hoophopper » Tue May 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Good games this weekend..MBNation 15U blue had their work cut out for them. The white team made a very impressive showing with guts, drive and persistence. I questined 1 coach coaching both teams..if both teams had their own coach I thing the results would have been different. No coach knows what the other coach sets for plays, but in this scenario the coach knows what both teams are planning at all times. But either way, fantastic gaming on the players part.
hoophopper

Postby hoophopper » Sun May 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Well , "Kroo kid nay shin" , your post was deleted but a lot of us saw it. Thanks for the supporting comments, although they may have been "too harsh" for posting. Maybe the coach of the Blue and White teams thought he should support both teams and coach both at the same time, but there have been times when both teams have been scheduled at the same time in previous tournaments and the coach chose to coach the Blue team and gave the white team to someone else. I think if "someone else" coached the white at the AAU finals, the final result would have been more believable, no matter who would have won. Anyway you look at it, the players on both teams are great players and they're names are going to be made in high school play as well as elsewhere. They all have heart, and unfortunately, playing on 1 team which is truly 2 , is going to create frustration, I would think.
hoophopper

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur