Reclassification

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Reclassification

Postby augie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 pm

mario_spaghettio wrote:They were pretty good for a D team even though they did struggle to squeak out a single digit win over East Grand in the state game. There's no way in hell that East Grand could have hung with Bangir or Portland that year.. 1993 Winthrop would have beaten the best Valley team by thirty to forty points.

Faux news
augie

Postby FPD06 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 am

80% of the posters on here would agree that those Valley teams that beat these Class A teams we are talking about were just simply better.

You think Roger Reed and Joe Russo really would just treat games that were mid-season (Bangor Game) or their final game before the regular season (Portland game - at the EXPO no less!) as "shootarounds"? Hell no! Even if they did convey that to their team (which I am sure never happened) I know the players would still go out their and compete.

The '93 Winthrop comment deserves no comment. Come on dude. So you are suggested Winthrop would have beaten the 2001 Valley team something like 60-25? Ahhhh, no!
FPD06

Postby mario_spaghettio » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Was thinking more like 80-45.
mario_spaghettio

Postby geezil » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:47 pm

...........Don't ever win too much--Lot of haters out there
geezil

Postby Carl Parker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:21 pm

I thought this was about classification?
Carl Parker

Postby geezil » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:30 pm

...........Maybe you'd like "believers" and "non-believers"--I'm a little nasty today
geezil

Postby FPD06 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Yes Mr. Parker back to reclassification.

Do 4 classes, simple.

I would be a fan of even doing away with the conferences and just split 'em geographically and play your Class. For example in Class C, 10 North, 10 South. I am not suggesting the wonky 2002 NE/SE stuff.

Use Central Aroostook as the text example.

Play everyone in the North once for 9 games, and then 4 of those teams twice a year for 13 games.
Play half the teams in the south for another 5 games, there is your 18. The other 5 the next year and so on.

Central Aroostook Jr/Sr H.S. - North
Mattanawcook Acad. North
George Stevens Acad. - South
Houlton H.S. 14 4 - North
Penobscot Valley H.S. North
Fort Kent Comm. North
Dexter H.S. South
Sumner Mem. H.S. South
Fort Fairfield Mid/HS North
Bucksport H.S. South
Calais H.S. South
P.C.H.S South
Lee Acad. North
Central H.S. South
Madawaska Mid/HS North
Searsport Dist. South
Hodgdon H.S. North
Narraguagus South
Stearns H.S. North
Penquis Valley H.S. South

I am sure there are holes in this attempt at reclassification, but just something different. But at least CAHS plays 14 different C teams in this scenario and not just 3. Not picking on them, just they are #1.
FPD06

Postby Letemplay2880 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 pm

Simple problem is money. Class C is broken; good teams that dont have a chance against the larger school. Do we split class c and make 6 classes. Cant do it...would need to rent the CI center for more time and it wouldnt br pissible. But we have solid class C teamd that dont stand a chance. I say, class D has a separate playoff with higher seed hosts until the final. Just like every spott. And split C into 2. Buy my opinion doesnt matyet...i eant a tatto with my kids name on it. I wont br allowed to watch

Heres to a new era
Letemplay2880

Postby billzfan34 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 am

What he said..Whatever to hell that was.
billzfan34

Postby FPD06 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 am

Letemplay2880 wrote:Simple problem is money. Class C is broken; good teams that dont have a chance against the larger school. Do we split class c and make 6 classes. Cant do it...would need to rent the CI center for more time and it wouldnt br pissible. But we have solid class C teamd that dont stand a chance. I say, class D has a separate playoff with higher seed hosts until the final. Just like every spott. And split C into 2. Buy my opinion doesnt matyet...i eant a tatto with my kids name on it. I wont br allowed to watch

Heres to a new era

Uhhh huh, gotcha. Couldn't be clearer. So have Class C split up into 2 classes and have them take the current court time for Northern Maine Class D at the CIC? Northern Maine Class D will play prelims, quarters, and semis at higher seeds concurrently with the Northern Maine B and the 2 Class C divisions taking place at the CIC? The Girls and Boys NM Class D would be played as it is now on Saturday Mornings at CIC? Yes, that would be a new era.
FPD06

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur