Terion Moss

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Terion Moss

Postby hoops88 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 pm

I think any 3-pt shooter is going to score some points no matter what level they play at. Hell, I bet I could score at least one 3 pointer for UMaine if someone found me open. I would be totally useless on defense and my legs would fail me quickly but I could definitely hit one 3 pointer. :)

But hoping that Moss continues to improve and can prove that he belongs on both sides of the court.
hoops88

Postby fromthebench » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:10 am

Agreed, you can never have enough 3 point shooting. Look at the Maine Women last night. 39 points on three's. Rossignol had 4 in the first quarter. I like the Fiorillo kid in Scarborough. Not only is he 6'8" but he is hands down the best three point shooter in the state. He''ll be a great stretch four, cornerman for somebody. :)
fromthebench

Postby Bcgamblers » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Not so sure about the hands down part, Chadbourne in Portland can shoot it with anyone
Bcgamblers

Postby fromthebench » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:11 pm

You got a point there! He can! :)
fromthebench

Postby ExpoEddie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:09 pm

I thought there was a lot of support for Terion that he could play at Maine. The situation was bogged down by New Haven telling him he was their number one recruit. Plus, Walsh was on the way out and what did Maine's hoops look like post Walsh. I believe Coach Barron snagged Terion shortly after being named.

The one turnover in 29 minutes is the most impressive stat at this early juncture. If his ratio is 3-1 assists to turnovers by season end, his future will look very, very promising.
ExpoEddie

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 pm

ExpoEddie wrote:I thought there was a lot of support for Terion that he could play at Maine. The situation was bogged down by New Haven telling him he was their number one recruit. Plus, Walsh was on the way out and what did Maine's hoops look like post Walsh. I believe Coach Barron snagged Terion shortly after being named.

The one turnover in 29 minutes is the most impressive stat at this early juncture. If his ratio is 3-1 assists to turnovers by season end, his future will look very, very promising.

"ExpoEddie: Again love your user name. Terion has looked good and his stats are good for a freshmen directly out of high school. 9.3 ppg in 25 ave. minutes per game, 4 assists in 3 games, 3 turnovers in 3 games, 9 for 25 from the floor for 36.0% 7 for 21 for 3's 33.3% and 3-5 from line for 60%, 8 rebounds, 2 steals.

Only problem was he was at a wing more than at the point. His 7 threes came mostly from perimeter passes to him as he caught and shot. Needs to take the ball to the basket more for dribble penetration by faking the 3 when he loses the 3 on a good defensive closeout.Would like to see him at the point position more as I think he would be more effective there and Sergio Darwich would be more effective at the wing then at the point.

Because Maine is playing mostly match up zone opponents have not been able to take advantage of Terion's 5'10" height by posting him up on the block, although most college teams do not take advantage or look for match up advantages on the block.

Just my old senior basketball citizen opinion on what I have seen so far.
bcbc55

Postby ExpoEddie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Just had the privilege of having coffee with Coach Russo. He has watched three of the games and is very excited for Terion. Coach mentioned Terion is using Joe's move when the defense closes, you inside-out dribble to clear space laterally, then shoot. Minutes played is impressive to us all.
ExpoEddie

Postby BlueLine » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Happy for Terion, especially the efficiency with which he is already playing; that’s certainly a hallmark of the excellent coaching he received by Coach Russo and the Portland staff. As a true freshman, valuing the basketball and making the correct play often gets you more minutes than making the spectacular play.
BlueLine

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:38 pm

Was wondering if anyone else noticed and was also wondering why Terion did not start the last game against Qunnipiac after starting the game before against North Texas and playing 43 of 45 minutes (overtime).

Only played 13 minutes in last game vs. Qunnipiac. Coaching decision, fatigue from 43 minutes, Injury or Illness? etc.

Anyone else notice or wondering or know reason,? Just curious.

Too me when he is on the floor they are a better team.

His up-to-date 6 game stats:

per game averages

Minutes per game 27.3
Games started 1
FGA 41 FGM 16 FG% 39%
3A 27 3M 9 3% 33.3%
FSA 11 FSM 7 FS% 63.6%
Reb 2.5
Assists 1.8
Personal Fouls 1.8
Turnovers 1.2

Only Fleming, White and Larsson are averaging more minutes per game than Terion is.

Who says that Maine High School players can't play and help UMaine or play D-1 college basketball? Fleming and Moss certainly are and Moss is a true freshmen and Fleming a true junior. Both came right out of high school to contribute right away.

More proof Mainers can play and contribute at the D-1 level add Fleming's brother headed to D-1 Army and what Nick Mayo is doing for Eastern Kentucky averaging 25ppg.

Those 4 would form a pretty good Maine nucleous if all were on the same UMaine team.
bcbc55

Postby ExpoEddie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm

See Coach Russo at our scrimmage tonite and maybe can get his update on Terion.
ExpoEddie

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur