MVC Championship

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

MVC Championship

Postby ronclematts » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm

With Hall-Dale's loss to Dirigo today, I'm left asking several perennial questions:

Are the MVC championship teams decided by record, then heals? Or by heal points only? Do they count all 18 games or is it just the first or last 14 like it is in baseball?

When are the games being played? Where are the games being played?

The conference has a beautiful website that is completely void of any useful information.
ronclematts

Re: MVC Championship

Postby Class C Dad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:36 pm

I believe MVC championship games are on Feb 10 at Thomas College. Since schedules are not balanced I think teams get in based on first 12 games win loss record. Under this structure Hall Dale Boys would play winner of Winthrop Spruce Mtn game which was postponed last week and will be made up Jan 26. Winthrop, Spruce and Richmond all have two losses but Richmond’s losses were to Winthrop and Spruce so they would loose tie breaker in head to head games.
Class C Dad

Postby Class C Dad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Someone mentioned to me that teams may be based on record after 14 games (not 12)
Stay tuned for updates
Class C Dad

Postby ronclematts » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks Class C Dad. Much appreciated.
ronclematts

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:08 am

Boys basketball notes: Mountain Valley Conference race proving as tight as expected
Winthrop, Hall-Dale, Richmond near top of league; Erskine hanging around in A North.

...I think it’s going to be incredibly competitive,” MacArthur said before the season. “The parity is crazy. I don’t know if I’ve seen this in a while.”

So far, the season has proven exactly that. Roughly two-thirds of the regular season is gone, and good luck trying to pick the favorite in the conference. Hall-Dale sits on top at 12-1, with conference newcomer Richmond right behind at 11-2, followed in Heal points by Dirigo (10-4), Spruce Mountain (10-2) and Winthrop (10-2).

“It’s tremendous. Every night, there’s not a team out there that’s going to dominate the league,” MacArthur said Tuesday. “Hall-Dale’s probably the best team, but I think that everybody else is right there. … It comes down to who is improving the most and who’s playing their best basketball at the right time.”

https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/01/23 ... -expected/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Class C Dad » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:31 am

Looks like MVC championship is based on first 14 games win/loss record. First tie breaker is head to head and then goes to Heal Points if needed. Sounds like a similar format to baseball.
Class C Dad

Postby Class C Dad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Update
Hall Dale has locked up the number one seed in the MVC with the win over Richmond. Hall Dale will now host the MVC championship game. Dates TBD based on who the second will team be. I believe the winner of the Winthrop vs. Spruce Mtn game on Friday will advance to MVC championship game .
Class C Dad

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur