China

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: China

Postby X31 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:52 am

Jeff I'm surprised you dare live in Cali with the big one still looming. But I suppose if you can make it 7 months or so you can feel better about a possible government response to a potential disaster....or maybe the odds of the disaster itself even happening to begin with will be greatly reduced as well.

As you said, earthquakes are the worst....you just never know when, or where exactly either.
X31

Re: Katrina

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 am

spudneck111 wrote:Should the feds have to go down there and micro-manage these people to use the millions of dollars that have been thrown at them? What exactly do you think my Republican Administration should have done? They give them trailers and as you say, they let them set and rot. I know, we should go down there, take them by the hand, load up their belongings, load up their kids, move them into their new trailer, turn their lights and cable tv on, buy them some groceries, and cook them supper.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.......

Yes, I believe that the Feds should have been more involved.......to protect the American taxpayers investment. And if local and state officials couldn't handle it, then yes the Feds should have stepped in........when will we start using common sense again?
mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 21, 2008 11:54 am

X31 wrote:Jeff I'm surprised you dare live in Cali with the big one still looming. But I suppose if you can make it 7 months or so you can feel better about a possible government response to a potential disaster....or maybe the odds of the disaster itself even happening to begin with will be greatly reduced as well.

As you said, earthquakes are the worst....you just never know when, or where exactly either.

We should all live in Maine......where everything is totally safe.
mainejeff

Postby X31 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:58 pm

No place is safe under the current regime. Just look at the record snowfall Maine got last winter, which caused 100 year floods in some parts. And as for Katrina, as pointed out in other threads, they didn't even tell us it was coming, let alone that a category 5 storm hitting a city built below sea level might be a bad thing.
X31

Postby thebam » Wed May 21, 2008 4:33 pm

I am sure our government is readying millions, if not billions of dollars in aid for china.
We all get a paultry 6 or 9 hundred bucks to stimulate our economy, but we have an extra few millions to throw at other countries. I want to throw up.

China is a communist country. They can stand on thier own. We should be hands off in this matter.
thebam

Postby mainejeff » Wed May 21, 2008 6:28 pm

I agree.....and I don't think that they have asked for our help. But I'd choose China over that other worthless puke of a country (regime) any day of the week.
mainejeff

Previous

Return to Politics