Bannon vs Trump

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Bannon vs Trump

Postby hawksfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
Code: Select all
Pakastani & Palestinian billions in aid to be cut & nobody will die

That's a bold statement. I'm less concerned about the Palestinian aid than Pakistan. Do you realize how valuable their airspace is to us, or what could happen if they become another Iran?

Fair enough...point taken....

I should have been less general....my thought when including that was more " tired of writing checks with one hand while needing the other hand to fend off blows from the payees"....but again, fair enough, good point....
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:31 pm

thedude wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:That's a bold statement. I'm less concerned about the Palestinian aid than Pakistan. Do you realize how valuable their airspace is to us, or what could happen if they become another Iran?

Not to mention the work that we have done with Pakistan to fight the Taliban over the years. We can't be this reductive when discussing foreign policy.

Dude...! Welcome back...! Am I forgiven...?

Anyway...see above, good point...although, it also seems to me that with Pakistan & the "tolly-bon", its been 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, 3 steps forward, 2 steps back for a very long time. Not to mention the fact that it was Pakistan where OBL met his far too quick end while "hiding out" in a house situated on a highly trafficked road. The idea that the Pakistani government didn't know exactly where that murderous rectal aperture was is laughable...
hawksfan

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 am

The oil drilling thing is just plain dumb. The world is moving away from oil while we are stuck in 1970. They'll be giving this sh*t away if we drill as much as the GOP wants us to. Then again....we have a bunch of 70 year old men in charge so all they are concerned about is lining their wallets for the next 10 years. :roll:
mainejeff

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am

I'm all in favor of a new approach to foreign policy that moves beyond subsidizing despots so that they cooperate with us and avoid ties to terrorists. Saudi Arabia comes to mind. However I don't think that childish Tweets towards semi-stable/nuclear powers like Pakistan and NK are going to work.

If Trump just has to lash out I wish he'd just direct his antics towards guys like Bannon. We have absolutely no idea what the short and long-term consequences of his behavior will be in terms of foreign policy and national security. But we know he looks like an *******, and by extension we look unpredictable and weak.
Mike Tomlin

Previous

Return to Politics