Bannon vs Trump

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Bannon vs Trump

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:31 pm

Who wins?
Mike Tomlin

Re: Bannon vs Trump

Postby hawksfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:56 am

The President.....and its...not...even...close....

Also....maybe....as a kind of residual "winner", the late, great Andrew Breitbart's legacy could be resurrected if Bannon is banished back to his natural level of mediocrity & anonymity...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 am

I suspect that you're correct, there is a long list of people who aligned with Trump and then somehow felt that they created his success. The only person who I think can actually take some credit for Trump's rise is Roger Stone, and he's still loyal.

However I wonder if the Bannon feud will diminish Trump's base. At 38% approval the loss of all of those MAGA hat and white polo shirt bros could haunt him. But if Trump could use this break-up as an opportunity to dump his Twitter account and start acting a little more Presidential, and start showing a little empathy he could gain much more ground in the end.

Bannon has been a horrible force in American politics. He deserves to go down in flames. But he's not stupid, it'll be interesting to see how he handles himself in this fight.
Mike Tomlin

Postby mainejeff » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:06 pm

It's all an act. These 2 are a step ahead of everyone....especially the dumb media.
mainejeff

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:49 pm

mainejeff wrote:It's all an act. These 2 are a step ahead of everyone....especially the dumb media.

That's entirely possible. Trump is the master of the shell game.
Mike Tomlin

Postby Pirates79 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:if Trump could use this break-up as an opportunity to dump his Twitter account and start acting a little more Presidential, and start showing a little empathy he could gain much more ground in the end.

What are you smoking MT? I want some!
Pirates79

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 am

Pirates79 wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:if Trump could use this break-up as an opportunity to dump his Twitter account and start acting a little more Presidential, and start showing a little empathy he could gain much more ground in the end.

What are you smoking MT? I want some!

You and Jeff Sessions would both love to know.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:55 am

More bread & circus nonsense...

I'm more interested in: tax cuts and nobody died, Iran sanctions & support of anti mullah protesters & nobody died, Jerusalem acknowledged as Israel's capitol + impending US embassy move & nobody died, OCare individual mandate gone & nobody died, ANWR FINALLY opened for drilling & nobody died, Paris Accord dumped & nobody died, UN budget slashed & nobody died, Pakastani & Palestinian billions in aid to be cut & nobody will die, massive 22 -1 regulatory cut ratio & nobody died....I love when positive things happen & nobody dies...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:27 am

Code: Select all
Pakastani & Palestinian billions in aid to be cut & nobody will die

That's a bold statement. I'm less concerned about the Palestinian aid than Pakistan. Do you realize how valuable their airspace is to us, or what could happen if they become another Iran?
Mike Tomlin

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:That's a bold statement. I'm less concerned about the Palestinian aid than Pakistan. Do you realize how valuable their airspace is to us, or what could happen if they become another Iran?

Not to mention the work that we have done with Pakistan to fight the Taliban over the years. We can't be this reductive when discussing foreign policy.
thedude

Next

Return to Politics