Showdown....17 December...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Showdown....17 December...

Postby hawksfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Its gonna be fun...! Because of their MNF stink bomb, the chips are all in the middle of the table for the Champs; a win & they have the inside track to the top seed, a loss & they're likely bounced to the 3 seed. Big Ben & his crew can lose & still the likely two seed....

Bring it on, late season high stakes showdowns between elites are a rarity....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron- ... 1712130065
hawksfan

Re: Showdown....17 December...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:26 pm

This NE team has the best coach and the best quarterback in NFL history, no reasonable fan could argue against that. And they have absolutely owned the Steelers during this reign. I'm a Pittsburgh native that has watched it all happen in Pats territory. This is my personal Vietnam.

Sunday's game has huge implications for the playoffs. But given the track record I can't see how PGH could go 2-0 against the Pats in one year. Home field advantage hasn't meant a thing for PGH against Brady in the playoffs.

I will take a load of crap online and at work if the Steelers lose on Sunday. But I will still have faith in their ability to take the Pats in the playoffs.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Uh-oh...the big man is back & feeling like he owes his team a huge game for his giant screw up in getting himself bounced for a week...

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/12/15/1 ... rs-defense

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patr ... suspension
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:05 am

Yeah, that's a concern. Especially without Shazier. However I'm sure that Ju Ju (Hines Ward 2.0) feels the same way after his suspension for knocking Berfict silly. Plus Joe Haden might be back.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:42 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:Yeah, that's a concern. Especially without Shazier. However I'm sure that Ju Ju (Hines Ward 2.0) feels the same way after his suspension for knocking Berfict silly. Plus Joe Haden might be back.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if someone crushed Vontez Berfict every single week....in a "just" world guys around the league shoulda set up a gofundme account so Ju Ju still got his lost game check...

I read about Haden...fractured lower leg, what? Five, six weeks ago? And he's gonna go out & play pro football today; amazing. I'd be lucky to take a brisk walk 5 weeks after an injury like that...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Helluva game. It'll be fun again in six weeks.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Agreed....instant classic...

I think both teams have grave concerns on defense....

Both teams are unfortunately greatly diminished by injuries...on both sides of the ball...

Am I wrong to be scared sh**less of Jacksonville, Kansas City & Baltimore...?

The NFL has got to get this whats a catch/not a catch situation corrected. I'm a homer, but not so much of a one that I can sign off on what happened there at the end. To me that was a TD catch & my guys lose...I'll take it obviously, but how does a purported championship team give up a 5 yard catch & a 65 yard run with the stakes so high?

Lastly....Rob Gronkowski...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 am

Should have been a TD, dumb rule and a bad call. But if it was the Pats would have had as much time on the clock as that drive took- plus two timeouts. Meanwhile the Steelers had no timeouts and blew the last play, in large part because the Pats defense didn't fall for the fake spike.

Gronk is unreal. You better hope he survives that grudge match against the Bills. I'm waiting for the news on Brown.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:32 pm

RIP Dick Enberg....

"Oh My...!!" what a career...
hawksfan

Postby Pirates79 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:04 am

Loved that guy! Merry Christmas Squawk!
Pirates79

Next

Return to Politics