Sweet Home Alabama

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Sweet Home Alabama

Postby midcoastman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Hawks,

Actually, in principle I agree with you. I thought that this election was a win/win for dems. Jones wins, obviously it shakes things up and establishes another tangible step to making gains in 2018. If Moore wins, it's a major embarrassment for the GOP, and a new problem for McConnell.

I will also say that this first major win for progressives in a while reminds me of why I won't switch parties from GOP to Democrat. I am enjoying staying planted firmly in the middle as a moderate republican. To see ultra-leftists crying this morning because Jones didn't win by enough was nauseating... No, Jones beating Moore by a point is not representative of "how bad America is." He made up a 28 point disadvantage that Trump created in 2016. Take the win and move on.
midcoastman

Postby hawksfan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Wow...I hadn't heard/read anything regarding progressive whining about the slim margin of victory. A wide margin seems to be a wholly unrealistic expectation....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

I think the real winner here was Richard Shelby. He didn't support Moore. Second place goes to Nick Saban, apparently he got the most write-in votes.
Mike Tomlin

Postby midcoastman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 am

hawksfan wrote:Wow...I hadn't heard/read anything regarding progressive whining about the slim margin of victory. A wide margin seems to be a wholly unrealistic expectation....

I surround myself with people on both sides of the aisle. Get out of the bubble.
midcoastman

Postby hawksfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 am

midcoastman wrote:
hawksfan wrote:Wow...I hadn't heard/read anything regarding progressive whining about the slim margin of victory. A wide margin seems to be a wholly unrealistic expectation....

I surround myself with people on both sides of the aisle. Get out of the bubble.

Yeesh....

Yer harshin' my mellow dude...
hawksfan

Previous

Return to Politics