It's Mueller Time!

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby hawksfan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:55 am

mainejeff wrote:And then there is Papadopoulos....that shut Trump up for a few minutes! :o ;)


A 30 year old, barely there, low level fringe as fringe gets poseur gets nailed for lying to the FBI about the when of a meeting he had with a Russian his exact opposite number....a "crime" for which he faces a max 6 months at Club Fed....thats a big whoop-de-do...!

Then again, Mueller, Rosenstein, McCabe & Comey have their own legal troubles....can't expect them to be at the top of their swamp collusion game every day...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 am

Why did the GOP change their platform stance against Russia and Putin at the convention? Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Why will Trump lash out at anyone on the planet except for Putin?
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby hawksfan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:Why did the GOP change their platform stance against Russia and Putin at the convention? Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Why will Trump lash out at anyone on the planet except for Putin?


1. Honest question...what was the GOP's original platform stance on Russia & to what was it changed? (During that week I was more focused on what Lion Ted was going to do).

2. Who gives a rip about the tax returns? Do you honestly think within a tax return a Russian collusion smoking gun exists & if such a thing is actually out there that it wouldn't have been leaked by now? Spare me any "IRS & that would be against the law"....we all KNOW that the IRS is now a rogue politicized agency without an ounce of deference to the law as anything more than a "suggestion"...

3. I don't know the answer to that question. However, I do know that since 20 January not a single policy position taken at any level of the current administration can be construed in any way to be favorable to America's generational enemy Russia. On this question, once again, its about words versus actions...I'll make my judgements based on actions every time.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:39 am

The GOP disagreed with Obama's policy decision not to provide the Ukrainians with weapons as a means of helping them defeat the Russian backed invasion. Their platform adjustment changed the language from allowing weapons for Ukraine to the same policy that Obama supported; aid without weapons but strong condemnation. This aligns with Manafort's highly paid work with pro-Russian/Ukrainian politicians.

Manafort was a player in Russian backed efforts to manipulate Ukrainian politics as a means of supporting an anti-freedom Russian agenda. He was on the ground working with the current version of the KGB. Thus collusion with Russia by the head of Trump's campaign has potential ties to GOP policy decisions to back down from Putin.

Now if Trump is innocent, and he had no knowledge of an attempt to work with Russia in the election or shape policy to help Putin then it would be helpful at this juncture for him to prove that he isn't beholden to Putin tied Russian interests. Releasing his tax returns would be a great way to build a case for his innocence. Failing to do so is more evidence that the ties exist.

Believe it or not Hawk I'd be just as happy to see Hillary in court for her incredibly corrupt past. However she is not the President. And while I do see a case for prosecuting her I also believe that the evidence tying Trump to Russia is at least as strong. Therefore I believe that the most important question now is what did the president know, and when did he know it?
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby hawksfan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:The GOP disagreed with Obama's policy decision not to provide the Ukrainians with weapons as a means of helping them defeat the Russian backed invasion. Their platform adjustment changed the language from allowing weapons for Ukraine to the same policy that Obama supported; aid without weapons but strong condemnation. This aligns with Manafort's highly paid work with pro-Russian/Ukrainian politicians.

Manafort was a player in Russian backed efforts to manipulate Ukrainian politics as a means of supporting an anti-freedom Russian agenda. He was on the ground working with the current version of the KGB. Thus collusion with Russia by the head of Trump's campaign has potential ties to GOP policy decisions to back down from Putin.

Now if Trump is innocent, and he had no knowledge of an attempt to work with Russia in the election or shape policy to help Putin then it would be helpful at this juncture for him to prove that he isn't beholden to Putin tied Russian interests. Releasing his tax returns would be a great way to build a case for his innocence. Failing to do so is more evidence that the ties exist.

Believe it or not Hawk I'd be just as happy to see Hillary in court for her incredibly corrupt past. However she is not the President. And while I do see a case for prosecuting her I also believe that the evidence tying Trump to Russia is at least as strong. Therefore I believe that the most important question now is what did the president know, and when did he know it?


Paragraph #1...I honestly did not know that. Certainly Manafort's position at the time created two bright dots that are easily connected. But no administration is beholden to a literal translation of a party platform & Manfort was canned barely two weeks later. The actions of the administration since taking office indicate attempts to mitigate the Ukraine situation...a September headline points to weapons being sent, a headline from earlier this month points to that effort currently stalled. So its up in the air now I guess; keep in mind the geography, Ukraine is on Russia's border, whereas Poland is not...the missile shield there, cancelled by BHO, has now been installed. Decisions may be being made that if Vlad really is intent on dusting off the Iron Curtain that it is Poland where NATO (meaning US) says "no further"....

Paragraph #2....Mikey you're going back 16 months now, before the election, disregarding that Manafort was fired. The guy has played no role whatsoever in any way since 1st week of 8/16. There is no policy that Manfort has influenced. He has been a non-factor...this horse has been dead for a long, long time, best to stop beating on it.

Paragraph #3....reading this, it all sounds so innocent & reasonable. But here's the thing....this is the United States of America....here we are under no obligation to prove our innocence when accused....it is incumbent upon he who makes the accusation to prove his claims. And since the collusion claims cannot be proven (because it didn't happen) you demand a form of proof of innocence you deem appropriate & when denied that which you demand use that denial as proof of guilt...? Well on Trumpy's behalf, I say, "Nyet...!"....

Paragraph #4....there's no statute of limitations in play yet, her fumbling away the Presidency at the goal line does not mitigate her guilt which is easily provable. As far as the iconic "Watergate" question...the President didn't know anything because there was nothing to know because there was no collusion. If there was Mueller would still be conducting the Trump collusion investigation instead of the Manafort tax evasion & unpaid campaign flunky intern lying investigation.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby mainejeff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Hillary the boogeywoman is in your head! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 18037
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby hawksfan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:35 pm

mainejeff wrote:Hillary the boogeywoman is in your head! :lol: :lol: :lol:


No MJ...just wanting what all Americans are supposed to be bestowed with at birth...equal justice under the law...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:22 am

If all this ended in August of 2016 then Flynn would still have a job in the administration.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby mainejeff » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:09 am

hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Hillary the boogeywoman is in your head! :lol: :lol: :lol:


No MJ...just wanting what all Americans are supposed to be bestowed with at birth...equal justice under the law...


Your history on here suggests otherwise. :|
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 18037
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: It's Mueller Time!

Postby hawksfan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:49 am

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Hillary the boogeywoman is in your head! :lol: :lol: :lol:


No MJ...just wanting what all Americans are supposed to be bestowed with at birth...equal justice under the law...


Your history on here suggests otherwise. :|


Oh please....thats just nonsense...if you have a beef MJ then specify it....rather than the straw man accusation without foundation bomb & run move that is a specialty of yours...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests