Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby hawksfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:16 am

mainejeff wrote:I don't care if he was a liberal atheist, a right wing religious nutjob or somewhere in between...fact remains.....another angry American white male using a high powered weapon for another mass slaughter of his fellow Americans. I don't think any of these mass murderers interviewed their victims to see how they voted before they sprayed them with bullets. ;) :|

Sorry hawksfan if you can't handle cold hard facts. This country is THE outlier in the "civilized world" when it comes to gun violence & resulting gun related deaths. Make all the excuses that you want but we ARE becoming the "Middle East" of the Western World. :|


As I said above....I outlined the ultimate solution....amend the Constitution....why are people who believe the gun itself is the problem so afraid of that crystal clear remedy....?
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby hawksfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:36 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:Do you accept and agree with the current laws that cover fully automatic weapons? Are you okay with background checks? Or do you reject any form of gun regulation?

We have a problem with mass shootings that involve high capacity weapons that were designed for combat. The recent shooting in Colorado involved a handgun- three dead. The terrorist attack in NYC involved a truck- eight dead. 57 dead in Vegas, and 26 in Texas. Those weapons make these attacks more lethal. Engaging in a policy debate about magazine capacity is hardly a move towards banning all guns.

If the Vegas and Texas shooters had been immigrants there would be no end to the reshaping of the Constitution that conservatives would embrace.


1. Yes, yes & no. My objection is to the "we have to DO something" knee jerk curtailment of law abiding citizens constitutional rights...those "somethings" doing literally nothing to stop the incident in question. Also, now we know that Uncle Stoooopid's background check system, due to USAF bureaucratic bumbling, failed yet AGAIN...giving the ultimate lie to a favorite gun grabbing "common sense" nonsense of universal background checks.

2. So you're willing to accept a certain amount of deaths without stripping lawful citizens of their rights? How many? We already agree re: Vegas & bump stocks....but there were also specific conditions for Vegas & Texas...extremely high ground coupled with massive crowd in small area + difficult to get at shooter in Vegas & small enclosed area in Texas...important factors beyond the type of gun I'd say...

3. You need to place the word illegal in front immigrant & then you'd have a point. Or the meritless nonsense of diversity lottery immigrant maybe....but just "immigrant"? Nah, thats just a progressive talking point right up there with that crazy commercial the Donkey VA Gov candidate ran...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby hawksfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:44 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Wow, you're convinced that the shooter was a progressive and you brought abortion into the debate. All lives matter, there's your trifecta.


I'm not convinced, but my educated guess is plausible...hate of religion is often a characteristic of progressives...as far abortion...I believe I was clear...it was an illustration regarding "the slippery slope" when you say "its a start"...

The fact is your proposal won't stop or solve a damn thing....the slug's weapon wasn't legally obtained, hence one more example that these so-called "common sense" proposals are applesause....

Here's a thought....if possible trace that weapon all the way back to the factory, find the culprit who sold the weapon, ILLEGALLY, prosecute that person loudly & with great fanfare & get the maximum possible sentence & make sure any parole is denied...make THAT criminal the 1st nationally known example. Do the exact same thing with straw buyers, (a problem that is rampant in Illinois by the way).


The shooter lied on his background check application. No one but him broke the law. A maniacal allegiance to religion is a characteristic in ISIS and Al Quaeda inspired terrorism. That's a fact, not conjecture. Not sure why you'd bring religion into this.


What do atheists & ISIS & Al Queda have in common? If the latter two are maniacally devout, this guy appears to have been equally devout in his anti-religious zeal. An atheist religion hater shoots up a church during Sunday services? How is his hatred of Christianity NOT part of this?
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:37 am

It appears that this guy targeted the church because his ex's in-laws worshiped there. I don't see any connection between atheism and this loser's actions. The idea that this is tied to atheism is nonsense.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby mainejeff » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:08 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:It appears that this guy targeted the church because his ex's in-laws worshiped there. I don't see any connection between atheism and this loser's actions. The idea that this is tied to atheism is nonsense.


Amen! You'll have to excuse hawksfan as he is just dying to pin these shootings on atheism. :roll: :roll: :roll: Of course....I'm sure his news sources (Fox, Breitbart, etc) are all force feeding more fake news down their minions throats. #SAD
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 18040
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby hawksfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 am

mainejeff wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:It appears that this guy targeted the church because his ex's in-laws worshiped there. I don't see any connection between atheism and this loser's actions. The idea that this is tied to atheism is nonsense.


Amen! You'll have to excuse hawksfan as he is just dying to pin these shootings on atheism. :roll: :roll: :roll: Of course....I'm sure his news sources (Fox, Breitbart, etc) are all force feeding more fake news down their minions throats. #SAD


Hey I'm just playing by the identity politics rules that have been set forth and adhered to with religious ferocity by the SPD's & the BHG's in the legacy media. Is it bad when I play by the rules that you follow MJ? And am I also bad when I don't follow your rules?.....help me out....this is all so confusing...

Still waiting for an explanation why the SPD's & the BHG's don't give a rat's a** about the abbatoir that Chicago has become....the carage wrought by gun violence that occurs there every....single....day....

The collective freak out when a mass shooting occurs vs the "meh" reaction to the daily destruction in Chicago....with guns at the center of the maelstrom....is a contradiction that gun grabbers refuse to acknowledge...until they put aside that type of hypocrisy no meaningful measures to address this problem will occur....it is that simple...
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:46 am

Hey I'm just playing by the identity politics rules that have been set forth and adhered to with religious ferocity by the SPD's & the BHG's in the legacy media. Is it bad when I play by the rules that you follow MJ? And am I also bad when I don't follow your rules?.....help me out....this is all so confusing...


That is astoundingly shallow. When you get called out for injecting religion into a policy debate that has nothing to do with religion you claim to be imitating the other side. You have no answers, just accusations.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby hawksfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
Hey I'm just playing by the identity politics rules that have been set forth and adhered to with religious ferocity by the SPD's & the BHG's in the legacy media. Is it bad when I play by the rules that you follow MJ? And am I also bad when I don't follow your rules?.....help me out....this is all so confusing...


That is astoundingly shallow. When you get called out for injecting religion into a policy debate that has nothing to do with religion you claim to be imitating the other side. You have no answers, just accusations.


I don't believe I'm being shallow....but....I can see why you'd make that connection. That's the whole point I've been making...MJ injected race by making it "angry white guy", I injected religion by making it "angry atheist guy". BOTH are true facts....but claiming EITHER or BOTH or a combination or neither is a factor in what the guy did is specious business at best.

Yet we always seem to feel the need to declare the "whys" of such a horror almost immediately. That in turn leads to tribal politics taking over, every time. And every time OUR country is further divided while reaching no positive conclusions as to how these bloodbaths can be averted.

It is heartbreaking that we can't look at Sutherland, TX & say "an AMERICAN, a cruel, vicious, violent man finally succumbed to his darkest fantasy"...instead of "its a white guy! Its Republicans! Its the GUN! its the NRA! its progressive policy!..." or whatever else....its all bullshit, our destruction is being sown from within & it is, as I said, heartbreaking.

So you're right Mikey....I have no answers....only a hope that someday soon someone more astute than I can come up with measures that will actually make a difference.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:25 pm

I think that race is valid because there is a clear pattern. Just like justifiably part of the discussion about the murder rate in Chicago.
Mike Tomlin
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby hawksfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:I think that race is valid because there is a clear pattern. Just like justifiably part of the discussion about the murder rate in Chicago.


Maybe we need to go deeper than just race; if our country is 70+/-% white, doesn't it naturally follow that 7+/- out of 10 of these incidents will be committed by a white person?

I just heard a report...updated info...on the Texas hell hound that within last 5 years was incarcerated in a mental hospital & also had violently threatened superior officers in the USAF. The list of the signs that this rabid dog was a violent psychopath unfit for community living is growing lengthy.

No answers due to the mind bending complexity of the issue....but mental health & the liklihood of violence is an avenue that should be explored.
hawksfan
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests