Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm

mainejeff wrote:Another angry white man & more carnage.

I know...I know....it's too early to talk about this. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ban any magazine that holds more than ten rounds. There's a start.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Appears to be the work of a mentally disturbed, atheist, religion hating social progressive...

Thank God that the disturbed religion hating social progressive who snuck up on & viciously attacked Senator Paul didn't have a gun...

So by all means MJ, talk away, let's hear what you have to say...
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:

Ban any magazine that holds more than ten rounds. There's a start.

Ok....can we ban murderous religion haters from carrying on their person more than one magazine...?

Anyway, sure....I'll trade you a ban on 10+ round magazines for ban on all abortions after the first tri-mester? Fair deal? On either debate the proponents view any infringement as the "slippery slope"....so straight up trade to move the ball forward on both issues, a positive win-win outcome...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Wow, you're convinced that the shooter was a progressive and you brought abortion into the debate. All lives matter, there's your trifecta.
Mike Tomlin

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:38 pm

hawksfan wrote:

Appears to be the work of a mentally disturbed, atheist, religion hating social progressive...

Thank God that the disturbed religion hating social progressive who snuck up on & viciously attacked Senator Paul didn't have a gun...

Terrorists love religion, literally to death. If Muslims need to take a bigger role in addressing terrorism within their ranks then why don't white men need to do more to deal with these losers? You honestly don't know what motivated either of these guys beyond what you read online, and that easily could have been created by a teenage kid in Moscow.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Wow, you're convinced that the shooter was a progressive and you brought abortion into the debate. All lives matter, there's your trifecta.

I'm not convinced, but my educated guess is plausible...hate of religion is often a characteristic of progressives...as far abortion...I believe I was clear...it was an illustration regarding "the slippery slope" when you say "its a start"...

The fact is your proposal won't stop or solve a damn thing....the slug's weapon wasn't legally obtained, hence one more example that these so-called "common sense" proposals are applesause....

Here's a thought....if possible trace that weapon all the way back to the factory, find the culprit who sold the weapon, ILLEGALLY, prosecute that person loudly & with great fanfare & get the maximum possible sentence & make sure any parole is denied...make THAT criminal the 1st nationally known example. Do the exact same thing with straw buyers, (a problem that is rampant in Illinois by the way).
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:

Terrorists love religion, literally to death. If Muslims need to take a bigger role in addressing terrorism within their ranks then why don't white men need to do more to deal with these losers? You honestly don't know what motivated either of these guys beyond what you read online, and that easily could have been created by a teenage kid in Moscow.

The most respectable of the gun grabbing arguments is "ban all guns" because at least its honest.

The whole "Congress shall make no law..." thing is pesky....but guns can be banned, we have a mechanism already in place...get 291 Congressmen & 67 Senators to vote for it....then take it to the states & get 34 state legislatures to approve it....there ya have it, Constitution amended....two, maybe three, generations later probably most of the 300 million legal guns would be out of the citizenry's hands...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Do you accept and agree with the current laws that cover fully automatic weapons? Are you okay with background checks? Or do you reject any form of gun regulation?

We have a problem with mass shootings that involve high capacity weapons that were designed for combat. The recent shooting in Colorado involved a handgun- three dead. The terrorist attack in NYC involved a truck- eight dead. 57 dead in Vegas, and 26 in Texas. Those weapons make these attacks more lethal. Engaging in a policy debate about magazine capacity is hardly a move towards banning all guns.

If the Vegas and Texas shooters had been immigrants there would be no end to the reshaping of the Constitution that conservatives would embrace.
Mike Tomlin

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:56 pm

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Wow, you're convinced that the shooter was a progressive and you brought abortion into the debate. All lives matter, there's your trifecta.

I'm not convinced, but my educated guess is plausible...hate of religion is often a characteristic of progressives...as far abortion...I believe I was clear...it was an illustration regarding "the slippery slope" when you say "its a start"...

The fact is your proposal won't stop or solve a damn thing....the slug's weapon wasn't legally obtained, hence one more example that these so-called "common sense" proposals are applesause....

Here's a thought....if possible trace that weapon all the way back to the factory, find the culprit who sold the weapon, ILLEGALLY, prosecute that person loudly & with great fanfare & get the maximum possible sentence & make sure any parole is denied...make THAT criminal the 1st nationally known example. Do the exact same thing with straw buyers, (a problem that is rampant in Illinois by the way).

The shooter lied on his background check application. No one but him broke the law. A maniacal allegiance to religion is a characteristic in ISIS and Al Quaeda inspired terrorism. That's a fact, not conjecture. Not sure why you'd bring religion into this.
Mike Tomlin

Postby mainejeff » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:45 pm

I don't care if he was a liberal atheist, a right wing religious nutjob or somewhere in between...fact remains.....another angry American white male using a high powered weapon for another mass slaughter of his fellow Americans. I don't think any of these mass murderers interviewed their victims to see how they voted before they sprayed them with bullets. ;) :|

Sorry hawksfan if you can't handle cold hard facts. This country is THE outlier in the "civilized world" when it comes to gun violence & resulting gun related deaths. Make all the excuses that you want but we ARE becoming the "Middle East" of the Western World. :|
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to Politics